1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Hello all! Just started poking around and found this opportunity to say hi! My name is Robin and I live in tropical Buffalo, New York with my husband, two dogs and three cats. Besides thrifting, I love making miniatures and playing outside. I've been collecting vintage for about 20 years, and am considering getting into selling. I am a huge fan of anything silk, novelty prints, toys, furs, and handbags. I've been asking questions like mad, and you've all been so wonderfully helpful. Thanks so much:) and it's so nice to meet you all!

Edited to add that I also have a serious thing for Enid Collins (Collins of Texas) box bags:wub:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. FashionAndMe88

FashionAndMe88 Registered Guest

Hi all,

My name is Johnathan and i'm 25 years old.

When it comes to fashion, i'm a BIG fan of it. I'm a designer and blogger and fashion is one of my favourite niche. I often read fashion magazines and research on fashion trends to make better articles.

I love vintage style so that's why i want to become a part of our community.

Nice to meet all you guys and girls!

Best regards,

cmpollack and EndlessAlley like this.
  3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Welcome Johnathan! There's certainly a lot of vintage style here.

4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Hi Johnathon, and welcome aboard :hiya:

5. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Welcome to the VFG Community, Jonathan!

6. thuongdo07

thuongdo07 Registered Guest

Welcome Johnathan :cheer:

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Welcome to the VFG, Johnathan! So glad you found us!

8. webbeaver

webbeaver Registered Guest

happy to join this forum

cotmyey and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

glad you like it! welcome!

10. SweetGinger

SweetGinger Registered Guest

Hello! My name is Jennifer. I am a seamstress with 30+ years of experience, most of my professional training is from my years in theatrical costume design. I operated a brick and mortar custom sewing and alteration business for 11 years. Due to the needs of my young daughter (she has significant special needs) I had to close my alterations business a year ago. My specialty was in bridal and formal wear work and I just could not, in good conscious, take in bridal work when my daughter's health is continuously uncertain. It has been good for me to take this past year off and as a family we have regrouped and have decided to change directions with the brink and mortar. We own the building and it would be a shame for it to sit empty. So we are opening an occasional (open a couple of weekends/month or for special events) vintage themed shop. I don't know all the specifics of great designers but I recognize great fabrics and workmanship as well as being pretty good at guessing time periods from my theater work.

We are shooting to open in May so we have been hitting all the thrift shops, sales, and craigslist looking for good quality vintage clothing. I will also be supplement our inventory with reproduction vintage items that I make myself as well as corsets. I have been teaching myself corset making the past 5-6 years and I think they are finally retail quality.

Looking forward to learning lots and making new connections.

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  11. Momo78

Momo78 Registered Guest

Hi , I'm Mo, a adidas collector from Belgium and during my search for old adidas shoes and catalogues I found this forum. Greetings

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  12. barias1743

barias1743 Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Brian and I am a disabled veteran, world traveler and author. I went from riches to rags and now I am attempting to negotiate the world of women's fashion as a way of not going <totally> insane. Personally, I think fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda was easier than swimming through this luxurious and frustrating feminine fabric lagoon. Love Photography, live in an apartment the size of an SUV along with some of coolest neighbors. My lovely woman is a psych nurse who takes care of me and my mental/physical issues. Kids are grown and strangely they love me as deeply. I am happier than I deserve. God keep safe the kids at war, regardless of country.

Metro Retro Vintage and Ookoo like this.
  13. John J. McHale III

John J. McHale III Registered Guest

Myname is John McHale and I am the grandson of Sir John McHale the co-founder of Scot-McHale shoes in London Ontario Canada.
    If you have questions about the company or products please do not hesitate to contact me. My Edress is [email protected]

14. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Wow, so pleased to see you here John....I'm always looking for the "McHale" shoe when I'm out treasure hunting.
    Lauren

15. Clarasu

Clarasu Registered Guest

Hi,

I'm a fashion student albeit and older one than the normal. I love vintage fashion 1920'2 -1950's in particular, and as a result I'm currently investigating the implications of launching a Vintage reproduction brand within a Major Department Store. If any of the like minded vintage enthusiasts on here could take the time to complete a short survey on the topic I would be incredibly grateful.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  16. Clarasu

Clarasu Registered Guest

Hi, one of the moderators has removed the link to my survey. After reading the T&C's I'm a little confused. The link did not contain any marketing, any blog information or any social media information. It was purely a research survey looking at peoples retail preferences for Vintage reproduction clothing. I Don't represent any of the Retailers mentioned, I'm purely looking at Uk shopping habits as part of a fashion course. I apologise if my survey broke the rules in some way but can the moderator in question please advise how I could ask the same questions in a way that doesn't break your rules?

17. Anyssa

Anyssa Registered Guest

Hi,
    Everyone.
    I just found this wonderful site last two days and decided I needed to register!
    I am Anyssa from united states. I like clothing fashion and designs. I am interesting in wedding dress and accessories. I specialize in couponing.

18. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Hi Erin, I love your avatar photo, was that dress worn for a special occasion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.