1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the hunt for a 1940s novelty print day dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Rose Clarke, May 24, 2016.

1. Rose Clarke

Rose Clarke Registered Guest

I've been watching Land Girls and I'm in love with this dress, I just can't find anything like it! I'm hoping someone would be able to help! I don't mind if it needs some repairs.

Measurements:
    Bust 34-38
    Waist: 27-28" (Can do smaller or bigger)
    Hips: 38"

I'm looking to spend around $150 CAD but can spend more if somethings spectacular and layaway is an option. image.jpeg

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It looks like a Jacqmar print to me and would be VERY desirable to collectors.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  3. Rose Clarke

So it's safe to assume that this would be hard to find?

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I think so... and VERY expensive if you do find it.

5. Agree with Jonathan - amazing print. If you're fortunate to find another one it's likely to be expensive.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Home Fires was produced for the BBC, which no longer have a costume department after it was sold to Angels in 2008, so I would think this dress was from Angels. They do hold occasional sales where all sorts of items are sold (at all sorts of prices too) You could contact them on the off-chance.

Lulu Poppins and Nena Fisher like this.
  7. Rose Clarke

Thank you! That's a wonderful lead! Thanks so much!

8. Hello! Have you had any luck locating this dress? I just wanted to add that I'm watching it right now in an episode of "Foyle's War" called The Russian House. It was shot in 2010.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Lulu Poppins and Pinkcoke like this.