1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! - 2015

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by poppysvintageclothing, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary H

Mary H Registered Guest

Greetings all,
    I'm working with a vintage/historic collection on a college campus with items dating from the 1880s through the 1970s - it's a wonderful collection! I'm photographing, cataloging, and describing every item in the collection. Right now I'm working with the hats (over 300) in the collection. With the hats are the hair net/veils with decorations on them. I'm not sure what they're called or when they were worn - my guess is the 1950s? I've looked in a lot of reference books and on the web but I could use some suggestions.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to all...

Mary, I just sent you some information through the convo system in regards to asking questions on the forums.

3. MA Jurich

MA Jurich Registered Guest

New here as well. My name is Des. Just recently got hooked on vintage clothing. I find this site very informational.

4. precious times

precious times Registered Guest

Hello,
    Thank you for letting me join this forum, it looks great!

I have already seen some great posts, and will look to post my questions etc about vintage wear

I am a mum to 3 beautiful girls, and I recently started my own business
    I am trying to make it a success for my children's future

LINKS REMOVED BY ADMIN

postingrulesemoti

thank you
    xx

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  5. Cinderellie74

Cinderellie74 Registered Guest

Hello all. My name is Cindy. I am new to the forums. I know very little about fashion and am hoping to learn from the fashion forums. Please forgive my naivety in future posts as I am still learning :)

AngieB likes this.
  6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

welcome to the VFG!

7. AngieB

AngieB Registered Guest

Hi :) I am new to all of this but I have several vintage items I'm curious about and am loving reading the forums!!! I'm hoping you all can help me learn more about my pieces!! :)

8. amethystrose82

amethystrose82 Registered Guest

Hi I'm new here. I love all things vintage and antique, especially from the 40's and Victorian era. I own 2 pieces of vintage clothing, a 1940's hand made day dress and Leslie Day dress which I'm currently researching the date. I definitely plan on purchasing more vintage clothing!

9. amazingwristbands

amazingwristbands Registered Guest

It is a very happy moment for me to join your community. Hope for long and happy association with you!!
    Thanks!!

10. HKWolf

HKWolf Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Holly. I collect vintage neckties. I found VFG while researching makers tags on the ties and I've been haunting the site ever since. I started purchasing ties for a sewing project I had in mind...but never started! The idea was to cut up the ties to make other clothing items and purses but I just couldn't bring myself to destroy them. I fell I love with my "ugly" ties and started a page for them on Facebook.

Thanks for adding me to forum. Eager to get reading!

11. rockabillystyle

rockabillystyle Registered Guest

hello everybody, im new. Just shouting out... Hello..... :)

12. Nina Bosken

Nina Bosken Registered Guest

Hi! My name is Nina and I'm a blogger in the US. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I blog about dresses and love vintage fashion!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  13. minkysvintage

minkysvintage Registered Guest

Hi,

Thanks for allowing me to join your group. I have been interested in vintage fashion since I was 12. When I was in my teens I mixed my blue jeans with satin bed jackets, blouses with lace collars and decorated my blue jean jackets with pearls and old vintage jewelry . My favorite jewelry was art deco.

I have a fascination for "Velvets". My favorite of course being the 100 percent velvet of the 20's through the 40's. So hard to find now. I have started selling in the last 5 years. My biggest problem is that I don't want to give up the coolest things . But unfortunately I can not keep it all and I'm starting to think that I could be in the show "Hoarder". So, it's time to get it all up and start selling. But to get rid of my "opera coats", my satin bed jackets, my designer clothes is about to get the best of me. But I need help to push me to keep going, because all these clothes cannot be worn , No way. lol

(Link removed by admin, please read forum posting rules)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  14. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome Minky! You are in the right place, I'm sure we can all relate.

Btw, I removed the link to your shop as our forum rules state that only paid up VFG Trade Members can advertise their wares or link to their shops. If you are interested in becoming a trade member, have a read of the criteria.

Anyway, you'll find lots of helpful advice here on dealing with your 'hoard'.

15. Attirelyvintage

Attirelyvintage Registered Guest

Hello VFG,
    Just signed up. I am a collector and seller. Sell on Etsy and sometimes on Ebay.
    Have been selling for 6 yrs. Hording for about 40 yrs. The first item I kept was a book I read in the 2nd grade called Spook. I still have it...somewhere!
    I look forward to intetacting in the forums.
    Regards,
    Lulu

16. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

17. PistolPackinMermaid

PistolPackinMermaid Registered Guest

Hi! I'm new here and my name is Estrella! I'm a costume designer and I love vintage stuff and costume recreation! My favorite period is the 1940s.

18. Linda Jones

Linda Jones Registered Guest

Hello. I have been given access to many old pieces of costume jewelry and clothing - I am aware they are worth some money, but need to learn how to determine how to identify what I have and then how much it could be worth. I think the word "vintage" is tacked on to things that are not, and that just makes this process harder to get through. So, I'm going to be learning all I can, and when I meet the requirements of a seller then I'll apply for membership. I do love this stuff, particularly jewelry, hats and purses.

19. Emily

Emily Registered Guest

Hi! I'm new My name is Emily. I have a few vintage pieces I have acquired over the years, and am always tempted at the thrift store, but have zero knowledge of value, dating, etc. So, I'm hoping to learn here! A quick general question: does handmade vintage have any value? Thanks!

20. cool_ss

cool_ss Registered Guest

hello,everyone. Happy to join this forum, hope i can get more inspire here for my design idea. iron emoti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.