1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hat box (and other pretty things) for dress-up-box gift

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Robin of Frocksley, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I'm hoping one of the lovely sellers on here can help me: I am searching for a nice clean pretty vintage hat box for a holiday gift for my niece. I plan on putting a pair of her great-grandmother's tiny white gloves and a pale pink feather boa inside of the box and would also love to find a girly pair of vintage sunglasses and/or a sparkly necklace. My niece loves pink, purple and everything flowery and sparkly so things like that.

In shirt: Looking for a pretty vintage hat box in good shape. Also would love a fancy necklace and glasses!

Thanks!!

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hi there. We have one in the shop. What is your price point?

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  3. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

That's a great idea for a gift--I'm sure she will love it!

4. Robin of Frocksley

Thanks! That's a great question, Cin! I'm thinking up to $40 for the box alone, up to $80 for the right glasses and necklace along with the box.

Edit to add that I am flexible on prices, as I do love her dearly and want to get the very most perfect things!!

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

That Schiaparelli box is great! If the Schiaparelli is out of your price range, I have a lovely vintage pink floral hatboxe from the 1940s - 1950s time period for $25. Pale pink roses and rose buds with sage green leaves, and silver gilt scrolling. Still has the green satin cording and handle. I also have a hand printed flowered wallpaper hat box from the 1930s but the price is $75.00 on that one.

Sorry for the quick photos, it is dark and cloudy here today. The box is not so dark or yellowed as it may look here.

This is such a lovely idea you have for a gift!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  7. Robin of Frocksley

Thank you both! The Schiaparelli box is fabulous, but I was picturing a softer pink (and love the floral pattern!) so your box is perfect, Barbara!

How can I arrange to purchase it from you?

So happy to have found the right box! Thanks again, ladies!!

8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Glad you found the right pink. Happy gifting!

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Robin, I am so happy I could help you find what you were looking for. I have sent you a message.

Regards, Barbara