1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sos dating shoes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Giuseppe, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered Guest

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It's easier to post one at a time so you can provide as many detail photos for each. There are several factors that determine a shoes manufacturing age.

3. Giuseppe

Sorry, i am in a shoe galore right now and wanted to optimize this post!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I hear ya! It's a lot of shoes, and beautiful ones at that.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you please give us the names that are showing on some of these that can't be read with your photo alone.

6. Giuseppe

7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Not necessarily should they be hand written... Personally, I think these are early 50s, judging by the heel.

8. Giuseppe

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  9. Giuseppe

10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

1960s... I believe that is the font used for his 60s shoes. Not 1950s at all.

11. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

12. Giuseppe

13. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

14. Giuseppe

I do agree. I' ve been confused by doing my researches on internet and a LOT of Andrew Geller shoes with this mark were labelled 50s... can' t wait for my books to arrive and always open to new suggestions!!

15. Giuseppe

I have to get back to you because i don' t have the shoe with me right now. I can tell you that there are no markings on any of these shoes, like " real leather" or vero cuoio symbols.

16. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yes. A LOT may have been but I would disagree on this one. IF it's cusper, it's on the 60s side of the cusp.

17. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yes... if that's stamped the sole, it is early 80s at the earliest, my feeling.

18. Giuseppe

19. Giuseppe

I had no doubts too on this one, 60s. Even the fabric used screams 60s. But then i let the internet get the best of me and that' s when the doubt was born hahahaha! By the way, THANK YOU Cinthia.

20. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Boy, I would think early 90s on those... they are great!

I have no experience with the brand though, just going by styles of the time and the construction as I can see from here.