1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arista Fashion NY

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Serah, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Serah

Serah Registered Guest

Hi there -
    I purchased a beautiful coat at a consignment store. The tag at the neck says "Ann Arbor Collins" and the tag in the lining on the side says "Arista Fashions NY". I've looked online to learn about this brand, and am finding almost nothing. If anyone knows something, I'd love to hear. Thank you, Serah

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Please post a picture of the label(s) and I will see if I can find information for you.

3. Serah

Serah Registered Guest

Thank you!
    Coat 2.JPG Coat 1.JPG

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am leaving the house momentarily, so I don't have time to look for in-depth information, but I will look again when I return.

As I expected, though, I found a Collins Shop in Ann Arbor Michigan. The store sold women's apparel and in a quick look I saw references to them between 1941 and 1976. Note that there may be much earlier and much later references that I didn't see. So your coat was apparently sold by the Collins Shop and manufactured by Arista.

I don't see the word "Fashions" on your Arista label. Did you see that somewhere else in the coat? I found many references to Arista Outfitters in New York, but I think they sold/sell uniforms. I will look for more information about them when I return.

EDITED TO ADD: I did a super fast look and found many references to Arista Fashions Corp in NY, so I assume that is your Arista. I will later try to find a label to match that company.