1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Everybody

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by cssolar, Apr 18, 2014.

1. cssolar

cssolar Registered Guest

Hi I am new here! my name is Tony and live on the Costa Blanca in Spain.

Thinking of going into vintage clothes , also new to that as well so any advise is wecome,

I think I have found some suitable stock ( mainly French clothes )

I am finding it hard to find info on the age and lables on some of the stuff

Here is an example pic, any advise if that is the sort of thing that may sell as vintage ( or not )
    would be great

Thanks used clothes 069.jpg used clothes 068.jpg used clothes 070.jpg

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Hi Tony :hiya: -- I'm giving you a bump. You should receive some good advice soon.

3. cssolar

cssolar Registered Guest

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your welome !
    I took a look at your on line store .. love it, you have some great stuff .

I have a lot of French clothing , but as I am new to this advise on suitable items would be great,
    I have noticed many have french lables , but when I Google them I find little or no info.

Cheers Tony

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Hi Tony, thank you for your kind note.

I'm hoping that those more familiar with French labels will weigh in -- however, there are some great 'dating tips' resources on the site, in case you haven't seen them.

Here's one for example ...

http://vintagefashionguild.org/tips-tricks/quick-tips-for-dating-vintage/

And the Fabric Resources is chock-full of information for recognizing fabrics. Here are some tips for checking fabrics by fiber...

http://vintagefashionguild.org/fabric-by-fiber

There are many good resources on the site, so be sure to check them out. :USETHUMBUP:

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  5. cssolar

cssolar Registered Guest

Hola Laura

Thanks the dating and fabric tips were helpful

After Easter will start going through my stock and see what items are best to start with,

Its a shame because it seems I have a lot of coats and jackets , and with summer on its way may not be the best time to sell them.

Cheers Tony

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Tony you could always list on the Australian Ebay website - for the Aussies it's currently Autumn and Winter is on it's way. We have seen a trend of AU buyers purchasing abroad so worth dipping a toe?

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  7. cssolar

cssolar Registered Guest

I have now opened an esty shop !

Not sure what I am doing , hope to learn as I go

I know a lot of you guys use that site , is it any good ?

Cheers Tony