1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 1950s Jonathan Logan Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by EmilyJewel, Jul 24, 2014.

1. EmilyJewel

EmilyJewel Registered Guest

Hi, Ladies

Today I went to an Estate Sale in a small farming town. Found this beautiful Vintage dress in a BARN. Looks brand new. I only found one tiny snag. I love it! I paid nearly nothing for it as well. Paid $15.00 for everything I bought which made the dress $1.00 or less.

So exciting! :)

Attached Files:

LivingFiftiesFashion likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that is a fantastic treasure, Emily!! we love Jonathan Logan, and LOVE those colors! what a find!! congratulations!!

3. Well done Emily - gorgeous frock and a steal to boot!

4. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

I can see why you're excited Emily. $1 for a wonderful Jonathan Logan! wow

5. EmilyJewel

EmilyJewel Registered Guest

What's the best way to get a smell out of a dress without dry cleaning?
    It has a slight kinda like dust old book smell. Nothing to bad.

Also when I don't have it on my dress form what's the best way to store it?

6. Emily, hang it out in fresh air, preferably somewhere that is under cover like a verandah or balcony, or on an overcast day - we don't want the sun to fade those beautiful colours. It's amazing what fresh air can do for getting rid of smells.

If it's silk I recommend you dry clean, rayon or cotton can be hand washed - although airing is good, laundering and airing is better if you can.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  7. Flaubert

Flaubert Registered Guest

Wow,so beautiful and cheap, you have good luck

8. thuongdo07

thuongdo07 Registered Guest

a vintage dress of Jonathan Logan, very beautifull :D. You are very lucky :)

9. Emily O

Emily O Registered Guest

Hi Emily, I have found the best item for getting rid of stubborn odors when airing doesn't seem to work and hand washing is not an option. It is all natural, non-toxic, and scent-free. Works like a charm! Be careful when spraying silks….do a test area first just to be sure. I get mine at Bed Bath & Beyond, however you can also buy it online.

Attached Files:

10. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Adorable dress.

11. I had that very same JL dress in the blue colorway and it sold very well several years ago. So gorgeous in pink!