1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golden Crown by Bristol Leather Motorcycle Set - date?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by betteroffduds, Jul 30, 2014.

1. betteroffduds

betteroffduds Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find much on dating Bristol leather jackets. I can see that the company was founded in 1958. Wondering if anyone knows when this set may be from? It's a lovely muted blue colour that may not come through shot against the red curtain. Any help would be appreciated! photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks 70s or very early 80s to me. The bilingual Canadian label helps to date it.

3. betteroffduds

Thank you - I was thinking the same as well. Do you know when the bilingual tags started in Canada?

4. poppysvintageclothing

Company Name: Bristol Leather & Sportswear Mfg Ltd
    Address: 501-6600 SAINT-URBAIN ST
    MONTRÉAL, Quebec
    H2S 3G8
    Phone Number: 514-279-6380
    Fax Number:
    Business Web site:
    Date Issued: 1997-09-25

The bilingual labels were in effect in the 70s. Above is the company information based on the CA number but the dating given
    from the website is not always correct as they made changes to it. You could maybe contact the company itself and see if they can help you out.

Code:
    http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/cb/cnmbr/srchFrm.do;jsessionid=00005-_sdbwHkK_vOsJOs-MhcKO:1247mv5k6?language=eng
    Our member here, Jonathan, looked into this 4 years ago...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  5. betteroffduds

Thanks so much! I've seen that database before but wondered about the dates, mystery solved :)

6. poppysvintageclothing

7. Yes, I agree with early '80s - the tapering of the legs, the high elasticated waistband and the way the zipper is sewn on the pants. The jacket is more classic, looks more late '70s so I think MJ's response is pretty accurate.