1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old tech support and forum questions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by cherry-pie-and-roses, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Second Hand Joe

Second Hand Joe Registered Guest

jjlinjunjie- is this a real member or visitor? I can't find any responses about my sweater about which I asked for help. Please respond, thanks.

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

I am assuming you were watching the thread for responses and that the user in question posted spam on your post which was subsequently deleted by admin.

3. Second Hand Joe

Second Hand Joe Registered Guest

Thanks, sorry to hear that. I appreciate your response!

4. lillies Emporium

lillies Emporium Registered Guest

I pieces of clothing and accessories that i need to get the correct dating on? what is the best place to find dates for my pieces? can I post here on the forum to get correct consensus? I'm just starting into the vintage business of selling and want to know a good way to market and give the correct answer to customers.

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. Joyride Vintage

Joyride Vintage Registered Guest

Hello vintage lovers! I am updating my VFG profile and noticing for the first time the 'Status Message' fill-in area. There is no explanation of what this is and I haven't found anything through VFG searches on my own. Can anyone tell me what this area is for and how using it can benefit us?

Thanks in advance!

Kiova Staley
    Removed by Admin. Please read posting rules. Thank you.

7. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

It is an addition to your profile page, as to what you are doing, thinking, etc. On mine it says: Just hanging around.

8. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

I am new to this so..... I posted a question and now I wonder if I put it in the right forum to get an answer. Should you post the same question to more than one forum? I realize that ideally you should put it in the most appropriate one. But anyway.

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our forums, Mickus ~

First and foremost, you can find a LOT of helpful "How To"s, suggestions and links on where to find answers in our Welcome Forum.

If you can't find what you're looking for there, we have a ton of resources on our front pages, as well.

We find that most registered guests have questions about their vintage. the forum to ask questions is here:

http://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-q-a.39/

We are an all volunteer staffed organization, so we appreciate if a question is only asked once. Sometimes you may get an immediate response, other questions may take more time.

we appreciate your patience, and again, we welcome you.

10. Mickus

Mickus Registered Guest

I really am glad to find this site it is nice to have one place where so many people have so much knowledge.
    I can see an addiction coming on.

11. onceoza

onceoza Registered Guest

When I post on the boards, I always make sure the box is checked to get replies sent to my email. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't seem to be working and I don't get any notifications. So, I miss some responses unless I regularly check in. Is this a problem others have?

I love the VFG and wish that I could be a member. I think it is mostly because of my pictures. I wish I had a blank wall, but unfortunately, in front of my white entry door is as good as it gets. LOL!

12. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Registered Guest

For some reason I accidentally made my full name my username? Anyway to do that?

13. Midnight Cowboy

friendly bump!

14. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Hi Ben
    You can't do this yourself, but I can do it for you on the admin side. However I'm not sure what will happen, I haven't done it before, but I think you'll get kicked out and have to log in again, with the new username? What do you want your username to be?
    Ruth

15. Midnight Cowboy

So I'd have to make a new account?

16. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I don't think you need to make a new account, Ruth, was going to go into the administrative end of things here and make the change for you.
    She would like to know what name you would like to use...would it just be "Ben" or "Ben K" or something else?

17. Retro Ruth

MJ is correct. You don't have to make a new account, but you need to know what your new username will be, so you can sign in again. Please let me know what you want it to be, and I will change it for you. Your password will be the same, but your username will change.

18. Midnight Cowboy

Okay, I'd love it to be, Midnight Cowboy

cotmyey and sewingmachinegirl like this.
  19. Retro Ruth

I will change you to Midnight Cowboy! You may have to log in again.

20. Retro Ruth

Okay that worked. I hope you can log in okay, please post here to confirm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.