1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know what these labels mean?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by patti57, Sep 18, 2014.

1. patti57

patti57 Registered Guest

I can't seem to find any info on these labels. They are sewn into the blouse, as well as the pants (which are footed like tights). The outfit looks 70's to me, but I really have no clue! I've included a photo of the outfit, as well as the labels. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I wouldn't expect the basted label with the item weight to appear on a garment retailed to the public, so suspect that this is a sample garment and that label was only for company reference. It appears to give the specific colours used. much like a newspaper does down the side edge.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, looks like a sample garment. First is an address, and then possibly a garment name, garment type (collant = tights) and what looks like the fabric type and below the material content of the fabric.

4. Interesting label - it could also be for archiving, it produces a lot of information eg, the designer kept it on file for future information. I compiled an archive for a designer once and this was the sort of information I collected, plus the range of colourways it was produced in, but sometimes a garment is made in only one colourway.

It looks very late '70s to me, about '79.