1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Where can I get this?!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Loren93, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Loren93

Loren93 Registered Guest

image.jpg Hi there. I'm looking to buy a dress like the one above in red polka dot for a wedding I am going to in September. Could someone point me in the direction of where Imight be able to buy one or even tell me what style the dress is so that I can try to search for one. Thanks in advance x

Ally135 likes this.
  2. Hi Loren93 and welcome to the forums. The dress is a modern reproduction vintage style, inspired by the '40s and '50s and made by "Stop Staring". If you search google you should find what you're looking for.

Authentic vintage dresses will have some elements of this dress, eg, fitted style or sweatheart neckline or cap sleeves or keyhole back but will not combine all elements.

Good luck - I hope you find what you're looking for.

Ally135 likes this.
  3. Loren93, your post has inspired me to write a blog post on the topic of vintage reproduction fashion, you can see it here.

Incidentally, the photo you included above is from a two year old blog post by Forever Amber - you can see that here - and so as an old style you will probably have the best success by searching ebay as Stop Staring no longer have any available.

4. Fabulous post.

5. Emily O

Emily O Registered Guest

Awesome Loren! I will certainly read your post!

6. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

7. Larina

Larina Registered Guest

I have literally just joined up and after reading the first pages, I looked at this one and WOW - I want those cherry shoes!!!!.In fact the only thing I like better than hearts is cherries. Anything with hearts or cherries I want it! ..and of course vintage means zing goes the strings of my heart !..but those shoes....swoon!

gaildavid likes this.
  8. Welcome to the VFG Larina - the shoes are by Melissa. If you search "Melissa Cherry Shoes" you will find. Super cute! I love them too.

PersonalPursuits likes this.
  9. Larina

Larina Registered Guest

Thanks so much...I am on my way..lol

10. Villa

Villa Registered Guest

Nicole, you are a whiz!