1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1970s Christian Dior Lounge Wear

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Jenny, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Since this is show and tell section, I am going to share one of my most favorite vintage find. Find it for $5!
    I believe it is from 1970s because the label is similar to a 1970s lingerie picture and Kaftan is a 70s thing?
    First time owned a high end designer item. hello kitty emoti

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  2. Lovely! And you, or the model, look great in it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  3. joules

joules VFG Member

It's fabulous, and you wear it well.
    The colors are very beautiful. So luxurious!

Love that you found it for such a great price too. Score!

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Thank you! I love the color too! Oh, me...just with a layer of makeup. :hysterical:

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

it is lovely...and i don't want to burst your bubble, but it appears as if the Christian Dior label is hand sewn in, it does not appear to be a designer finished stitch, imo.

unfortunately, there are many who sew in labels that are not original to the garment, and I believe this may be one.

also, as far as the batik print, it looks more 1990s to me, than 70s (with the "layers" of color, rather than an all over multi-color). This sort of batik print maxi was all over Bali when we lived there in the early 90s.

7. Jenny

Jenny Registered Guest

Darn people are sneaky! At least, I touched a Dior label. haha...

8. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

That's one of the Dior licensed labels so it would not have designer finishing. It appears that the label is machine sewn in at the top and perhaps someone tacked it down by hand along the sides because it kept flipping up or was otherwise bothersome?

StitchesandSnags likes this.