1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. PersonalPursuits

PersonalPursuits VFG Member

Fabulous article Nicole and I loved your quote about casual wear, it made me smile. Great interview and well deserved publicity! I hope one day to visit your fine store :)

4. Thank you! Maxine, I hope you can visit too - so far the only VFG members who've made it to my shop are Karin *waves at Midge* and Claire *waves at Claire Shaeffer*.

In a few weeks I'll meet Gayle in Brisbane.

Pinkcoke likes this.
  5. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

pinkeleemotiwoohoobanannaemotipinkeleemoti
    But I must say Nicole to prepare you- I find '"dressing up'' challenging , so we are total opposites on that score :)

6. No worries Gayle - I'll be travelling so don't have any high expectations of me either please! Also, I never wear heels when I'm doing lots of walking.

Heck, in my eyes I almost never dress up but my every day generally includes a dress which seems to be all it takes for most.

7. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

:hysterical:I almost never wear a dress Nicole, you are a legend !

8. Dresses are great Gayle - comfortable, you never have to worry about mixing and matching....mind you, you live in a much hotter climate than I do. You'd probably be even more horrified to hear that I wear stockings every day. Worse: they're usually black opaques!

I'll probably wear fishnets or lace stockings in Brisbane though. Even I have my limits.

Midge and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

People think the same way here. Same goes for a suit - at least for ladies. I don't wear either every day, but I guess often enough that people around me have gotten used it to it :hysterical:. I feel the same way about dresses - not much to think about, no "oops this sweater doesn't go with this skirt" etc. Especially when I'm running late anyway. Black opaque tights (not stockings though) are a mainstay in my wardrobe too from autumn to spring - and the reason that I wear shorter skirts during that time of the year than in summer...

10. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Your press has been amazing! Good job and congrats!