1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This one is for Caryn!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Dec 18, 2014.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

2. GREAT pic Amanda - the coats are just wonderful.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Oh yes! Send them all my way pretty please with sugar on top!!! pandaemotipandaemotipandaemoti:clapping::clapping::clapping:

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Gosh that's amazing- I bet Caryn, that you wish Santa could bring you all of those for Christmas! xmas tree

7. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Fabulous image and furs! Does the photo say where it was taken - and when?

Linn

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Linn - I took the photo from Facebook - don't even remember who supplied it, but no dates or place. It looks as if it's outside of a church - there's another gal to the left ... and maybe more? And one standing in the door - all wearing hats of course.

9. peaceful vintage

It's tough to tell when the photo was taken. If I had to guess I would guess late 30s based on the combination of hats, furs, dresses, and shoes shown there although I think some of those furs might be earlier.
    Check out this 1937 Bergdorf Goodman ad. Notice the similarity in length between the fur cape shown compared to the gorgeous silver fox fur cape in the photo, also the similarity between the dress's flared hemline shown compared to the 3rd dress over from the right in the photo, and the similarity of the slightly longer back hemline of both the jacket and cape shown compared to the shorter cape shown in the photo.
    Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 10.41.22 AM.png

10. Oh, Amanda.....this is just exquisite! And, I know that Caryn was delighted. Thanks for letting us all see this lovely vintage image!

peaceful vintage likes this.
  11. peaceful vintage

I was delighted and where were my manners? Amanda presented all these beautiful furs for me and I forgot to say thank you! Now I offer the hugest THANK YOU in the world Amanda because you saw this photo, thought of me personally, and shared. :wub: