1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A house that has stood still since 1930s.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by anothertimevintageapparel, Feb 25, 2015.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Trade Member

Oh, what a treat to tour this place! Fascinating.

Sue

2. PersonalPursuits

PersonalPursuits VFG Member

Talk about time standing still, this was so interesting. Thank you so very much for sharing!

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It's amazing how many of the food packaging look exactly the same today - the tinned pineapples in particular!

4. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

that's amazing! it's a time capsule. i hope someone will be able to keep it all intact, as a museum.

this is so sad. mrs straw and her sons must have loved their husband and father very much.

i expected it to be in some state of disrepair, but it looks like it was beautifully maintained right up to the end of the youngest straw's death.

5. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

i just got to this bit:

:)

6. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

This is amazing! I am seriously considering a trip there this spring. Will post pics if I do go.

7. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

That is amazing, I wish I could visit it! I am so happy the National Trust have it- I bet they could make a lot of money from film and TV companies with that house!

8. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

The benefit of living in the midlands - it's only an hour away from me. I have to renew my National Trust membership.
    I'm watching Indian Summers at the moment which is set in 1932 in India, but because its about the British Empire all the same tastes for fashion, decor and living are there.

9. Would love to see this home!

10. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member