1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got all the purses together (my small collection)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by paige, Jul 29, 2015.

1. paige

paige Registered Guest

IMG_20150729_204904.jpg Purse collection all together finally. I'm going to need more hooks. I never realized they are mostly all white haha (coach one with fish is not vintage)

2. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Fabulous. I have a soft spot for evening purses as well.
    Cute display.

paige likes this.
  3. paige

paige Registered Guest

Thank you =) I'd like to expand a little into scarves and jewelry but I want to stay low budget for now. I've found most of them at salvation army and goodwill.

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Lovely collection and display! You're very wise to keep the ones with beaded straps supported from underneath. Is the white/floral one on the table a combination of beads and embroidery, or is it needlepoint? That's my fave! :USETHUMBUP:

paige likes this.
  5. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love your display!!! Scarves and jewelry can be scored at thrift stores or estate sales in my area for surprisingly low prices, sometimes even cheaper than purses. I also display my bags on a wall, and you've inspired me to share a pic of my collection. Thanks for sharing yours!
    IMG_20150731_170712_767.jpg

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Wonderful display, Robin--your box purses are awesome!

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow - great inspirations on displaying one's collection! I make my best finds while thrifting, and silk scarves are something I too can never resist.

8. paige

paige Registered Guest

Thank you=) Robin that is an awesome display so many beautiful things. You have a great eye. I live in a similar area but I have never attended an estate sale.

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  9. paige

paige Registered Guest

Honestly I do not know I uploaded a closer look. I love the look of this purse its one of my favorites. That one I got for a very good price but it's missing some beads on the bottom and the stitch to the frame is a bit loose but it doesn't look like it would be too hard to fix I sew as a hobby also. Would that be a good idea? I'm still very new to collecting is it worth it to just take care of it as is or to try and mend it? IMG_20150721_211908.jpg

10. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

If you can take your time to do it well I would repair what you can to prevent further loss.