1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! - 2015

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by poppysvintageclothing, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Hi Thomas, and so glad you found us here!. I think you will enjoy learning more about your collections from our trade members. :)

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Hi Thomas! I think I already know you!

3. lilrhodyreruns

lilrhodyreruns Registered Guest

Hi Everyone, I have loved vintage clothing for years and have way too many (if that is possible) pieces. I have just recently set up an Etsy shop and am learning more each and every day. Looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  4. dawnstyle

dawnstyle Registered Guest

Hi, I just registered. I have been using this wonderful resource for a long time. I work as a Museum Assistant at Oregon State University. We have a Historic and Cultural Textile and Apparel Collection that I am working to catalog and digitize. I enjoy discovering the past through the art of fashion.

thefashionstudio uk likes this.
  5. Kpadilla80

Kpadilla80 Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!

I'm a stay at home mom of two, started collecting vintage clothes for my daughter over the years, and started getting into vintage for myself, although I cannot fit in most vintage I still loved it sooooo very much. I hope to one day own a formal boutique with bridal and party frocks... a girl can dream! :) I have two little ones, five and two, and we are a military family, so we move a ton! I'm from NY and currently live in Washington state. I've found this website very helpful, thanks so much and look forward to "meeting" you all!

6. Deluxe Redux

Deluxe Redux Alumni

Hi Everyone! My name is Lotta and I'm based in Chicago. I have a vintage fashion blog called Deluxe Redux. It's my mission to celebrate the people who have made and are making a difference in the vintage fashion industry. Deluxe Redux celebrates fashion history, highlights finds from my treasure hunts, and features designers, vintage boutiques & fashion history aficionados. It's an honor to become a trade member of the Vintage Fashion Guild and I look forward to making my acquaintance with you all. I'm also on Insta, Facebook and Twitter. Let's connect!
    P.S. My favorite era to shop? 70s and 80s :)

Thanks again,
    Lotta xoxo

7. thefashionstudio uk

thefashionstudio uk Registered Guest

Hi all! Hoping to share my vintage fashion loves, show and tells. butterfly bug
    Amanda

Deluxe Redux likes this.
  8. gazelle

gazelle Registered Guest

Hello Everyone! :)
    My name is Mila and I live in Germany.
    I am trying to find some information about a pair of shoes I have and I hope someone here could help me with this.
    xx

9. Katrina Landau

Katrina Landau Registered Guest

Hello. I just stumbled upon this site while looking up information on furs (very informative). I have been selling vintage sewing patterns and books online for years and have recently started delving into the world of vintage fashion. I live in LA and the estate items available here are AMAZING! I also make regular trips to France to look for vintage fashion items and linens. I think that this site will be a great resource.

thefashionstudio uk likes this.
  10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to all of you who are newly registered guests. I have noted a few of you have mentioned that you would like assistance with identifying certain items.

Please note that you should post the questions in the following forum thread link included below. I will also include the link on how to post your photos. I'm sure someone will be along to help you out.

1) here is the information link for the Public Vintage Q & A Questions

http://forums.vintagefashionguild.o...ease-read-before-you-ask-your-question.52007/

2) and a link to the actual thread to post your photos and questions to

http://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/public-vintage-fashion-q-a.39/create-thread

Post a photo link

3) http://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/faq-how-to-post-a-photo.52756/

11. FarrelChi

FarrelChi Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!! I am completely new to this forum. In fact I have never been on any kind of forum..:) I am hoping to gain knowledge from experts like yourselves. I hunt, wear and sell vintage clothing and have been for about a year.. This website has already helped me identify and date some of the clothing I have found..Looking forward to communicating with knowledgeable and like minded folks :) Thank you for this website and this forum.. Farrel

12. Jason Brook

Jason Brook Registered Guest

Hi There,

Recently searching for some fashion help came to know about this forum. I'm Jason Brook blogger and writer.
    Hope I'll be a good helper.

Jason,
    (Absolute Digitizing)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  13. Trevor Maurer

Trevor Maurer Registered Guest

Hello VFG and a big thank you for letting me register with you!

Looking around here, I'm becoming really excited about getting to know you all more and joining in with the theme. Only been here an hour or so and my head is buzzing already!

I'm in the business of selling really great quality handmade vintage leather bags. Also been involved with 'internet stuff' for quite a few years so will be delighted to give any assistance that I can with other on-liners.

Looking forward to what's coming! Thanks again
    Trevor

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  14. Arondo

Arondo Registered Guest

Hello may name is Arondo I was looking for more information on a collection of 30s era felt hats that we have had in family I hope I can learn something about them

15. Hi -
    I am a new to the forum but have been using the label resource on VFG extensively for my vintage clothing business. I have a brick and mortar store in Lambertville NJ as well as an etsy shop. Clothing has been my whole life - I've been sewing since I was 10, got a degree in Apparel Design and worked as a Technical Designer in the Philadelphia and New York garment industries. I have been wearing vintage for over 25 years and selling it for the past 6 years.

Redcurlzs likes this.
  16. chelseaA

chelseaA Registered Guest

im new here as well. I love love this site. Seems like a pretty awesome group of people here.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  17. FrockLobsta

FrockLobsta Registered Guest

Hi - newbie here! My name is Heather and my business is called FrockLobsta (any fans of the B52s?). I also LOVE Schiaparelli. Hence the name.

I started working with women's vintage clothing and accessories but have moved into men's accessories. Ties, cravats, braces, shoes, tie pins, cufflinks, bow ties, scarves. I adore 1920s and 1950s men's neckties and cravats and I find it very hard to part with many of my items - but the bills need to be paid!

18. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Everybody had matching towels!
    Great shop name-welcome!

HKWolf likes this.
  19. Tessaaa

Tessaaa Registered Guest

Hi all,

My name is Tessa, and I am from the Netherlands. I love vintage (don't we all?!) and hope to learn a lot through this forum.

20. Kimberly N Broderick

Kimberly N Broderick Registered Guest

Hi! I'm Nikki and I hope to learn more about vintage clothing, dating labels and fabrics. Thanks for having me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.