1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The designer behind 1908 Body-con dresses

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Feb 8, 2016.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that! I have seen that first photo in the article somewhere before was wondering about the very clingy dresses! Especially the one on the left always struck me as unexpectedly revealing for the time.

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

That was such a great read. I just wondered why they said the chosen woman out of the three was the most striking. Everyone is most striking in their own way. Perhaps that's a bit of over criticism on my part. The actual information though was fantastic and really interesting. :)

4. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

This was a great read! It reminds me of how when plain chemise gowns came into fashion in the time of Marie Antoinette, the portrait of her in her gauzy gown caused a scandal. The people were talking about the picture of the queen in her underwear!! Even after it was established that the queen was not in her underwear, the artist had to paint a new portrait of her in a more modest, classic gown to replace it. Too funny!

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Great article, thanks.