1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find much on this label: Marlove

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by surfcrashrepeat, Apr 28, 2016.

1. surfcrashrepeat

surfcrashrepeat Registered Guest

My google searches keep getting trumped by it thinking I'm looking for MarloWe and I could only find some old newspaper ads dated to the 50s.

The piece I have with these tags also have a circa 1960s ILGUW tag and it's an absolutely stunning 2 piece boxy crop top skirt dress with impeccable gold metallic embroidery. I'd really like to know more about it!

I've sent along some photos (but because of how radiant it is it's kind of hard to photograph) The skirt isn't pictured but it's a high waist down below the knees with the same fabric.

Any help with this would be so awesome. Curiosity is killing me!

IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

2. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

It's actually MORLOVE.
    I have had quite a few Morlove blouses over the years but I confess I know nothing about the label.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

HERE is trademark information for the label.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

One more little bit of information: Jack Orloff (born ca. 1904 in Russia) was the president of Morlove Inc. in New York. You can find at least one blouse design by him in Google Patents.

5. surfcrashrepeat

That is neat! Thanks for the investigative work Lynne! Yeah I haven't been able to find much clothing examples either and this piece is elaborate so I'm surprised I can't find more?

6. surfcrashrepeat

Also, here is a full shot of it. I'm not sure what to call the embroidery, jacquard or brocade? Sorry for the labels on the photos, I just pulled them off my shop and it's been a long day, didn't have the energy to remove them right now

il_570xN.966397264_axqd.jpg il_570xN.966399572_9hrf.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016