1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me find info on this top.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Albundie, May 21, 2016.

1. Albundie

Albundie Registered Guest

My first post here so I'm really sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I found this cute top recently and can't find any info online about this brand. The construction/style and label look vintage but I'm not sure. Tried searching the regular trademark resources. Can't find anything. If you could help me find any info, or give a guess on the age, I would so appreciate it!! Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

May I assume the name on your label is SO-EN, and not SU-EN, as I originally thought it was? Assuming that is the case, it seems that trademark is from a Philippino company, as you can see HERE. Perhaps the Joslawear name was created from the JOSefina Company name?

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Albundie

Oh gosh, I double checked and you're totally right, it is SO-EN. I was thinking and searching SU-EN as well! Seems to be modern rather than vintage, though the style and construction definitely had me thinking much older. Thanks so much for your help.

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Just to add I think it is from the mid to late 1960s.

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

THIS LINK indicates it very well could be from that period.

6. Albundie

Thank you both very much!! I'm still catching on to how to use trademark info and such. I was guessing 60s, I guess I just have a hard time believing something is that old when it's in such good shape!!