1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIGNOR VALENTINO label - help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by fashion-finder, Oct 21, 2016.

1. fashion-finder

fashion-finder Registered Guest

I found this camel colored, wool blend Turtleneck at a local thrift shop. This is the label on the inside. I'm wondering if this is the Valentino that we know and love of today - is this one of this early labels? Was he once called "signor valentino"? Or is this something totally different entirely? Any help anyone can give me would be most grateful. I cant find anything about this anywhere online. IMG_6230.JPG IMG_9243.JPG

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would think not because Valentino is not an uncommon name in Italy, and there was a shoe designer that had that name too. As this is an export piece it may have been purposefully chosen to play on the cache of Valentino couture. However, I don't know, just a hunch that the two are not related.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

What is the RN number on the label?

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I saw a (fuzzy) label photo for another Signor Valentino item and it looks like the RN number is 33862. If that is the case, that RN number belongs to Aetna Shirt Corporation, which has a Facebook page, so perhaps you can contact them with your questions.

5. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

I have never seen label like this linked to the famous one...probably they only use the same name