1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 Reasons I Love VFG! Add Yours!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by atticville, Apr 2, 2009.

1. atticville

atticville Alumni

Howdy! My name is KK and I wanted to share with you some of the reasons I feel so blessed to be a part of the VFG. So often I am over-whelmed with the generosity and friendship of this organization, that I am finally putting it into words. Feel free to add on to this thread sharing your experiences also!
    1.To start, I love that we keep in touch not only for great vintage finds but also when there is an illness in our family and we need support and kind words.
    2.I love the generosity of the members. Several weeks ago Marian of Vintage Vanities offered a box of study items: I grabbed them!I used her jacket in my last photo shoot . Ain't it Yummy!
    [​IMG]
    3.I respect this group and appreciate the honest opinions that come from knowledge and not superiority.
    Ok, Add on- Feel free to repeat, just number them!!

2. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

4- I love that I can always count on an understanding ear when I feel the need to share a fabulous find or
    5- when I need to complain about how my DH doesn't quite "get" how awesome something is...

3. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

4. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Wow, that photo is FAB!

6} the depth of members knowledge at the VFG is incredible, there are many members with particular focuses in era or specialties which always amazes me with the responses.

7) I am with friends who share a common interest and share that knowledge freely.

8) I can contribute and give back as a volunteer.

9) Because someone is always listening, no matter what hour.

10) I can display a badge of honor.

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

11. there's an opportunity to learn something new here nearly every single day

oh, and i heartily agree, KK, that photo is FABulous!! so dramatic!! :drooling22:

6. atticville

atticville Alumni

7) I am with friends who share a common interest and share that knowledge freely.

Ahhh, Yes!
    12.The members and friends really do share their knowledge with open arms! I just love that you don't have to feel silly asking a question & that you don't get the "Chip on your shoulder" answer! OH! I'm adding this!

7. Great shot, KK!

12. All the above!!!

13. A soft shoulder to fall on or open ears when things ain't goin' so good.

8. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

13. The passion and dedication to education and finding beautiful items is inspiring.

14. There is rarely drama (unlike other forums).

9. atticville

atticville Alumni

Alrighty then, we are know on # 17 Cause of cross post! Go For It 18!

10. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Cathing us up here, because I cross posted with Carrie, next one should be 18 I think.

11. atticville

atticville Alumni

loved glamour surf:
    " I can contribute and give back as a volunteer."
    How unselfish is she?

12. Buckarooandco

Buckarooandco Registered Guest

#18 VERY VERY helpful to newbie sellers who aren't members of VFG (yet.

#19 The cheerleading when someone finds something absolutely fabulous!

13. atticville

atticville Alumni

Buckaroo- Isn't it Fabulous to have the cream of the crop at your service!
    Cross post again, I think we are... Drum roll please. Ready for The next post!!

14. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

#20 I can give and receive advice about how to run a vintage business.

#21 I have an extended family all over the world.

15. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

#20) The VFG boards are where I start every day :icon_dante: because, as others have said, lack of drama, an understood shared passion for vintage, depth of knowledge in all things vintage and just plain good folks.

16. #21 - The stain removal tips and fabric care advice is second to none!!

#22 - Members have already "been there & done that" so their advice is from real life experience in this industry.

17. cooltriker

cooltriker Registered Guest

23.... there is ALLWAYS someone who can help you

24....the label resorce is an absolutley fantastic place to learn about designers and aging items

18. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

25. We are all so very connected to one another in our love of vintage and it is such a comfortable place to be!

26. A wealth of information at our fingertips for free to friends or for members at a very reasonable cost.

Stunning photo, KK!!!

19. Ookoo

Ookoo Registered Guest

27) You're so nice to newbees! When I first came here I made the mistake of posting links that I shouldn't have, and posting pictures of repro fashions that I thought were vintage. In spite of that you all made me feel welcome. :wub:

20. avamac

avamac Alumni

Gosh...let me count the ways! At 70, it's hard to find a commonality with friends, as your own generation disappears. Without the board, I'd be sliding into a pit of age-related depression. You guys keep me grounded and connected. I'm here daily.

That said,

28. It's the most rational group around. Proof that humans function best when they are serving a common interest (or obsession).

29. LEARNING. I've been in business forever, and still learn something knew here every day. The breadth of knowledge is amazing. And the generosity of sharing it is invaluable.