1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 Reasons I Love VFG! Add Yours!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by atticville, Apr 2, 2009.

1. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

All of the above, of course!

And, how about this for #30:

Very special (especially to me who works out of my home all the time) is the connection with real folks in the real world who "get" what I do and understand the sometimes lonely existence this can be, and the importance of having a place to go to bounce stuff off other who share the passion.

2. atticville

atticville Alumni

31. I get to see all of Oookoo's cute sun hats- sitting right here on a cloudy day!

3. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

All of the above and

#32. Even if "real life" gets in the way, you can step in anytime and feel welcome. :)

Gail

4. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

#33. The Yard Sale alone is worth it!

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

All of the above and:

33. Every one of us shares a passion for vintage.

34. Everybody is welcoming and supportive.

35. The level of knowledge is phenomenal!

Linn

6. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

36. Inspiration and knowledge to do better at business and know more about all aspects of vintage fashion.

37. Effective networking right here and ideas for better networking elsewhere.

38. So much more: Information, support, kindness, reality checks, history, sympathy, empathy, things you need for customers, first look at great items, expertise in many specific areas, a place to try to help others know more, humor, beauty, friendship.

Are we up to 50 yet?

7. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

39. Champagne with KK .. I must get over there soon.. badly in need of a drinky poo:drinking2:

8. avamac

avamac Alumni

bumping this UP UP UP

9. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

40: The support and friendship, when sometimes selling vintage on-line can be like being trapped on a remote island where all you have got is piles of old clothing a tape measure,camera and a computer,really lonely with no one to talk to about your latest finds. I would go completely nuts without the VFG! :wacko:
    41: the opportunity to learn from your peers and those more experienced at selling vintage clothing without ridicule or judgement if you don't know something :adore:
    42" being part of a global community especially when you live miles away in Australia :cheer:

10. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

I do like the part about the global community.

43. Meeting new friends & getting to know old friends better.

And to repeat, the wealth of knowledge is unmatched, I love learning new things every day.

11. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

44. Like minded vintage loving mentalists!

45. No one is precious about their knowledge.

46. We are a great Team

12. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

...and KK that FABuLOUS image could have come from the page sof VOGUE...you rock girl!!

13. atticville

atticville Alumni

I love the girls here, Beth, I have a glass chilling!
    I love & second,third the Global comment!

14. atticville

atticville Alumni

Still Counting! :headbang: Repeats Welcome!!

15. FAB photo shoot! that is gorgous, it does belong in Vogue!

All the above, but mainly the wealth of information, so freely shared, especially about dating.

My favorite thing tho, is finding that rare, ultimate piece and running home to post quick pictures here to share in the excitement, cause no one else "gets it" like the VFG does.

yvonne

16. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

47. tolerance of the wide ranges of commitment to the VFG we are able to give at various times

48. acceptance of all our levels of expertise

49. willingness to share said expertise ( for free!)

Hollis

17. atticville

atticville Alumni

48. acceptance of all our levels of expertise

49. willingness to share said expertise ( for free!)

Hollis[/quote]
    Ahhh... yes Hollis! Yours is the best!

18. atticville

atticville Alumni

Don't we all love that the VFG is an NPO, ! Our Volunteers do it for the love of Vintage!!

19. gimajo

gimajo Registered Guest

50. the place that knows how it is to know exactly where each garment is in that huge pile, EXCEPT the "i just had it" garment!! lol

20. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

51. Truth, conviction and passion. Elevating vintage collecting/selling to an art form.
    52. The unbridled commitment to creating an online resource of information available to everyone.
    53. The shared love and appreciation for the value of vintage from a design, materials, construction and historical perspective.
    54. You're just so much fun to hang with. :wub: