1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. It's not often I get pieces like this one, so thought you might be interested too: a beaded 1920s Chanel dress.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm delivering it to it's new home, a Sydney collector. I like to fix everything up so that it's totally wearable but this gown is special, too special for me to restore as it needs an expert, a museum level restorer.

I love the way the beads on the skirt vary in colour from white at the top, to silver at the bottom - you can see my website for more on this dress, including close ups of the beading.

Nicole

2. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Gorgeous, Nicole! I'd love to see a picture of the label.

3. Ah, yes - the 15 million dollar question. Alas, the original owner has removed the Chanel label but I'm sure of it's provenance. It does have a small "made in France" label.

Nicole

4. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

:jawdrop: Amazing!

It must be hard to wave bye bye to something that fantastic.

Sarah

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. It's my job to find new homes for these beauties, but you're right...I'm going to regret parting with this one. The new owner is a passionate collector of '20s fashions and particularly treasures the major designers. It will be wonderful knowing that it is in safe hands.

Nicole

8. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

LOVE! :wub:

9. Sadly, no - it could have been though *sigh* this is the problem with having so much stock. Sometimes I forget what I have, especially if it needs repairs. I have a very large mending backlog...

Nicole

10. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

I'd love to see this on the red carpet. There is just something about it that screams "Wear Me".

11. missproper

missproper Alumni

It's SO reassuring to know that it's going to a good home, to someone who will take of it & treasure it. You know that they won't wear it to some party and trash it.

12. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Wow, that is amazing!

13. fashionpoor

fashionpoor Registered Guest

WOW!!! That's incredibly GORGEOUS!!! Ah I'm drooling :D

14. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yes, SO glad its going to a "good home"! :wub:

15. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

That an outstanding dress if any one items can sum up the 20's it has to be this dress .