1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1940's overalls/playsuits??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by sammisadler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sammisadler

sammisadler Registered Guest

1940\'s overalls/playsuits??

Hi all,

New here, so apologies if this topic has been covered!!

I am seeking 1930’s and/or 40’s playsuits/overalls etc in XS-Small.

Anyone have any for sale/knows where I can find some? I’ve been searching for years and have accumulated a few, but STILL no pant overalls which I am REALLY after!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Sammi

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Sammi, I have a 1940s romper/playsuit in a gaucho-type pant here. You probably can't see them in the photo, but there are nice big patch pockets on each pant leg. I thought this piece was really cute and somewhat hard to find when I bought it!

[​IMG]

I think it's a size small, but I would have to double check. The only issue with this is that it was at one time altered at the back (which wasn't disclosed to me by the seller) to make the bottom half smaller/less full. Alas, the alterations were not done very neatly, although because of the print they're very hard to see. Actually, I didn't see them the first several times I handled this, but as I was getting ready to shoot and list it, I discovered them. I was planning on re-doing the back darts and zipper stitching to neaten them up, but haven't gotten around to it. If you're interested, I'll measure it and send a couple shots of the alterations. You can U2U me. Thanks!

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

4. Welcome Sammi! You're going to love it here.. alot of great minds all willing to help!

oh Anne! too cute, and i love the print too! So "progressive"..

yvonne

5. sammisadler

Thanks Yvonne :)

6. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

Is the photo above what you are looking for, but with overall type bodice??

7. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

[​IMG]

I have this pattern but just have not listed it yet. It's one of those patterns I'm having a hard time parting with.

8. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

9. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

10. joules

joules VFG Member

Well, I think I maybe had the one you were looking for, but it's been sold:
    [​IMG]
    Back view:
    [​IMG]

11. sammisadler

Julie - that is spot on what I am after!!!

SUCH a shame it sold...

-Sammi

12. joules

joules VFG Member

Sammi, I am sorry to disappoint. That one had been part of my personal wardrobe, since I was a teenager just starting to collect vintage. I had a feeling that was your image. I really loved the shrimp color too.

Just for fun, you might enjoy seeing this Bus Stop one that a flickr friend has in her collection:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/allthingspretty/3177889799/

13. sammisadler

They look amazing! Still nice to see them even if they can't be mine..!

I am not a member of that site and it won't allow me to view the link unless I log into my (non-existant) Yahoo! account! Boo-hoo...

-Sammi

14. joules

joules VFG Member

Sammi, she may have her account set for viewing only by friends and family; I only remembered that after posting the link. I'll ask her if I can borrow the image and post here.

15. joules

joules VFG Member

Okay, the Lee Bender Bus Stop vintage playsuit can now be seen! It's short, sassy and very cute, albeit much different in style than the original discussion.

16. sammisadler

Thank-you.

It is very cute indeed!!

-Sammi