1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 NEW TO THE BOARD? INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by artisannes, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catwalkvintage

catwalkvintage Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I used to be a member back in the day. The site has sure grown and I think it met all the expectations everyone had for it and then some! You have all done a perfect job!

Guess I should tell you all a bit about myself. I am Sara Alisa, but a lot of people just call me Alisa. I sell on ebay as catwalkvintage and use the same name on The Vintage dress site as well. Kelli and I have just gotten a new auction site off the ground as she mentioned in her previous post. We are offering discounts to all those that sign up early. This will certainly be one of the sites we point our members to for vintage advice and education. Once again, you guys have outdone yourselves! Congrats to all!

2. wopgirl67

wopgirl67 Registered Guest

Thanks Chris

I appreciate your help here. And we will definately branch out and move around her a bit. Thanks for the invitatino to do so!

3. wopgirl67

wopgirl67 Registered Guest

i second what Sara said. We will definately send our folks here!!

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

DO you prefer Sara or Alisa? It doesn't matter to us...its what you prefer :)

And thanks for pointing people here. Sign up for the newsletter..you will get our workshop dates sent right to your mail box. :)

check the announcements forum...or i will go bump it up on today's posts

Chris

5. catwalkvintage

I prefer Sara, however, there are always so many people named sara that I end up using Alisa in groups like this.
    Mom says that there were three other girls born the same day as me that were named Sara in the same hospital. She should have changed it right then and there! lol:bouncy:

6. Patentleathershoes

There really aren't many Saras here. And we recognize posting names too

Tell me about it though, my parents thought they were original with Christina. It was a compromise between my dad's pick Diane and my mom's pick Christy. Fast forward to kindergarten and i had to use the first initial of my last name all the time to differentiate myself Been Chris since first grade.

7. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

just wanted to say :hiya: to you both - i had a look quickly at the site and it looks fantastic, very interesting! - i shall have a proper look after i've managed to get my little boy off to bed tonight!

it would be great to say goodbye to selling at ebay auction forever, so i love the idea..

oh, and i never knew you were christina, chris- i just assumed it was christine!

8. Wow, I am a little behind here. Hello to Jamie, Donna, Laura and Abi.:hiya:
    So happy you made it to our Board and don't be strangers!

Also, a big hello :hiya: to Kelli and Sara. Love your sight and I just signed up!!!

9. catwalkvintage

Well we are a loooong way from competing on ebays level to say the least. But, we all have to start someplace! We do think the market was ready for a vintage only auction site. We have been very pleasantly surprised with the response so far! Thanks to everyone here for the warm welcome.

10. Hi Alisa and Kelli!

Great to see you here:D

Be sure to add a sig link to your auctions and such.

11. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi to all the new posters!:hiya:

Alisa & Kelli, the new site looks exciting!

Lizzie

12. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi and welcome to Alisa & Kelli :hiya: So glad you have joined us. :clapping: :clapping:

Gail

13. punkylyn

punkylyn Registered Guest

Hi! I've been poking around here for a few days and WHEW, lots of fab info. I started out in vintage jewelry slowly over a few years and clothing seemed like a natural progression. The label resource is most helpful although I have a few to contribute and will do so soon.

14. Patentleathershoes

Hi Punklyn!!!!!!!

:clapping:

Welcome!!! Just jump on in and make yourself at home

Chris

15. Shai

Shai Registered Guest

Well, I am just beginning my collection of vintage inspired lingere (would love the real, but being a ddd doesn't make it possible at times LoL). I bought my first crinoline slip (black with pink trim) with garter and such. That's what has brought me here. Looking for a dress pattern to wear my crinoline under! This leads to how I found you all and why I am frazzled, but still smiling LoL Well, I NEED/WANT/MUST have #1184 SPADEA American Designer Pattern by Anne Fogarty. I found it on eBay, but wanting a reproduction since I want to use it, not keep 'as new'. I can't see myself cutting into an original! LoL
    I've always loved the fashions of the 20s-60s. And just taking a peek here has shown me there's even more to the whole love of vintage. SO TEACH ME TEACH ME TEACH ME! LoL
    Don't mind the babbling ... allergy meds at full peak now LoL

Ok, I am 35, live in England (Husband is in the USAF), have a husband that loves my eccencentricities, two children who put up with me and, also, two of my biggest fans, talk with my Mom 3-4 times a week, thankful for the internet and love learning anything and everything I can ... hows that for a tidbit?

Can't wait to meet you all,
    Shai

16. Patentleathershoes

Hi Shai!!!

:hiya:

Welcome to our forum!!!!

The first suggestion that would come to my mind is to buy some tracing paper, trace the pattern, and then cut the tracing paper instead. Many people who work with patterns use cotton muslin to make their actual template pieces as many paper pattern pieces are not to scale or need to be slightly adjusted for your individual body dimensions for a more custom fit. Also, there are many merchants here who sell real vintage lingerie so there is a wide selection available to you and you would be surprised how much real vintage that you would be able to obtain/afford.

But you never know, someone here may have that pattern. I just love some of the cover illustrations/photos on them too.

Your family sounds great!!! And we have many other members in the UK that I am sure will say hello. And tell your husband thank you very much for serving. (if USAF stands what i assume it stands for!). We talk about our spouses and partners their opinions of our collecting/tastes as well. Some have caught the "bug" from us themselves, or we them.

How did you get here (internet search, ad, link, or mysterious circumstances?) :)

Chris

PS: ON education....just stick around, ask questions, read what others are up to, attend the workshops and you will learn alot.

Our next workshop is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Patentleathershoes

18. Hi, Shai. Good to have you hear and welcome! My son is in the USAF, too!

There are many here who deal in vintage patterns. You might want to check out Lizzies at the VC Mall store. Also Vintage Fashion Library and who else am I missing?

Do you have a picture of the pattern you are looking for? I would love to see the kind of dress you are interested in.

19. Hi Shai!!

I loved your intro post! Such enthusiasm!! I love it!!!!

Welcome aboard, you are going to love it here. This is a super, super group of people!!

Cheers ~ Maureen :clapping:

20. Cats Sass

Cats Sass Registered Guest

Hello-o-o-o-o! My name is Charity (Really, that's my name, I think my parents were hippies once upon an era) and I am new here so I am introducing myself.

I live in Vermont and love, LOVE, L-U-V vintage stuff, but mostly vintage clothing. I've collected for quite a few years, have started selling this past year on ebay and am having a boat-load of fun with it. who doesn't want to shop for a living, right? Part time for now, but I am working on making it my full time gig by buying in larger volumes and more selectively. (Sigh) someday....

What's everyone's fave find of the summer so far? I am on a vintage sun dress kick at the moment, anyone else? My fave find this summer is a daaaahling floral shift dress labeled "Soleiado by Charles DeEmery" made in France for the Irish Linen shop in Bermuda. Anyone familiar with DeMerey? I gather he was a french-country fabric designer rather than an actual fashion designer, but that's about all I know. :puzzled:

My ebay store has only one lonely dress right now (though I must say she is very pretty!). If anyone would like to check it out my ebay handle is serandipity77 and my store name is Cat's Sass Vintage. It will be more exciting in there in a few weeks. I sell mostly 50's and 60's items, though the occasional 70's hippie garment catches my eye and I throw a little flower-power into the mix.

Oh, and for anyone who happens to visit to my store, may I introduce Bedelia, my right-hand-manequin. She is actually a dress form, as you will see, but that's okay because I love her dearly!

Can't wait to chat it up with everyone!

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.