1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A reasonable approximation of a Regency ensemble...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Better Dresses Vintage, Dec 22, 2016.

1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

2. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Great Job Liza! :USETHUMBUP:

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

4. Thanks, friends. Appreciate the kind comments!

5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

That is wonderful! I am so impressed by the amount of work you put into it!

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Oh Liza! You really look fabulous. I LOVE your green silk "tam" headgear. It even looks great "before" with no trimmings, the swirl around the band is perfect. I am impressed by how much work you put into each item of clothing.

I know how daunting making a turban can be. While they appear simple, they can be deceptively more complicated to get right. A few years ago I took a 2 hour class in Regency era turban making and after 2 hours only had a twisted wad of barely stitched fabric in my hands!

Your green ball gown is deeeeevine! Thank you for sharing this all with us.

7. LOL, Barbara, I doubt that. With your hat-making knowledge, it was probably only a mess in your eyes.

Thanks so much, everyone. If you could leave these wonderful comments on the blog I'd be so happy : ).

8. Sazz Vintage

Sazz Vintage Registered Guest

I think your Spencer solution is really clever. The whole outfit turned out great!

9. Your talents are amazing. I truly enjoyed your tour through the creation of this beautiful Regency Ensemble. What I wouldn't give to be so gifted. You surely must have learned under the guidance of your Mother who is also incredibly skilled at the art of sewing. And, I do believe you must be naturally inclined to have this ability. Bravo, Liza, and thanks so much for sharing with your VFG friends.