1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Snappy 1930s Suit or Tailored Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by pastperfect2, Aug 3, 2004.

1. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I am starting the hunt for an ealry 1930s ladies suit or tailered dress. Something in the brown/rust shades. Size is not important, although the 4 - 8 range would be good. Condition is a factor. I want something to go with these shoes:

[​IMG]

TIA
    Hollis

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

How about you let the shoes go and I will find a suit to go with them on my end...

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Rats, Jonathan beat me to it...

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

hey, hey , hey, you guys!

My Shoes. Mine.

I love these shoes. I stood on concrete at a sucky auction for 4 hours to get them.

I guess in a dream world, it would be a brown wool suit or dress with rust piping and gold buttons and buckle.

Hollis

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Gorgeous shoes - is the leather as soft as it looks in the pics?

Sue

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

yep. They have been worn, but the wear as I recall is only on the soles. In life, the brown is not quite that dark and the insets are bit brighter.

Hollis

7. Gawd, 30s Ferragamos. Where's the tongue-hits-floor emoticon? Maybe you could do just a matching bag and/or hat with a solid suit?

Steph

8. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Thirties Ferragamos! How wonderful.

I have a fairly fabulous brown suit I'll be listing soon, but it's late 40's at the earliest (or so I am told by reliable sources), not wool (it's puckered nylon) and I'd guess that these shoes require a long, straight skirt --- OK, 3 strikes! My suit and I are out!

Never fear - It's going to be a lot easier to find the right suit than it was to get your hands on these shoes.

Carolyn

P.S. How <i>could</i> you turn down Jonathan's generous offer *snort*? :D

9. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Carolyn, if you list that suit while I am in NY I will be very upset... don't list it until after the 15th - okay?