1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to list some nice older St. Johns

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by ellenm, Apr 14, 2004.

1. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Here's the first one:

[​IMG]

2. That one is nice. Be sure to mention the yellow accents. Those sweater sets always do well. Wish I could find a St John's.

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I've got one older St. John's packed away, which I believe is late
    70s.....not santana knit though, and I don't think the style would be
    all that popular. :(

I like this Ellen!

Sue

4. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Here's another:

[​IMG]

This dress has no belt, but I think it looks better with one, so I added this belt for the pictures.

As I was leaving Florida and heading north after my winter sojourn, I stopped in Bradenton at the Goodwill on Manatee Avenue (Tori, take note). My eyes lit on what appeared to be a santana knit dress. I quickly looked at the label and confirmed it. Then my eyes traveled down the rack to the next dress and the next dress and the next dress! Four St. John dresses in a row! They were all older dresses, but in very good condition.

It was a fitting end to my stay in the Sarasota area where I always find good designer clothes. Now, I'm back in the sticks where I only find farmers' overalls.

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

YOur lucky I have only found two so far. those are very nice and I do like how you have the belt with the second one.

6. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Carp. When I was in Venice I wanted to go to the Thrift store but couldn't convince the family. I bet I woulda found some good stuff in there too.

Lucky you!

7. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Deb,

Venice is where I was staying for 4 months. When were you there?

8. What great luck, Ellen! I love the stripes of yellow on the first one, and initially thought the belt just went with the second one.

:( St. John is one of the too-many labels I couldn't bring myself to posting that I never find. Woe.

Steph