1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a VFG Blog Widget to your site!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by theopshoproc, Jul 1, 2007.

1. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hey guys, I created a VFG Blog widget that you can use on your sites to promote the blog. It fits nicely in blog sidebars and is easy to add with some copy and paste code or the site will even add it to blogger and other sites for you like typepad, blogger, facebook, etc.

Unfortunately, I really couldn't get it to work properly on MySpace - haven't tried it on Squidoo. MySpace does a lot to deter hacking and redirects links so I imagine it's MySpace that is making the code all wonky. It works beautifully here (using the Javascript code instead of the flash embedded code).

You can change the colors and other customization of the widget to fit your sites colors and setup, too!

It simply just shows the latest posts in a ticker style format.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertPanel.js?panelId=83b6b5bf-18fb-416c-a078-a4be3e099dbc"></script><noscript>Get great free widgets at Widgetbox!</noscript>

2. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

WOW!! :wow:

Whatta wonderful widget!!! :bouncing:

THANKS, Justine!!:wub:

I like the way it kinda skids to a stop....

Janine

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i just LOVE all this stuff but haven't a clue how to get it all done. you are above brain surgeon on my list of admirable skills...:wub:

4. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Ha Mary! Well thanks but it was pretty easy. widgetbox.com simply asked me to put in a few things like the website url and title and then I just copied and pasted the code it spit out. So no brain surgeon skills here. lol

5. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

Done!
    and how very cool.

6. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Nice work Justine!

Another great way to cross promote the VFG!!:clapping:

7. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

That is awesome! Can't wait to add it.

Theresa

8. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Cool! What a great idea Justine :bisou:

9. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Justine, I may not be doing this right, but when I copy and past either of the codes into a Squidoo module, I don't get anything.

Hollis

10. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

No, it's probably the same as MySpace - that's what happened when I did it in the MySpace page.

It uses javascript or flash and some sites restrict the use of that stuff (like MySpace and probably Squidoo). I had a feeling it wouldn't work on Squidoo either.

It should work fine on most websites (I would go with the Javascript one since that's the one that worked fine here on the board) and works on blogger.

11. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I love this widget! Added to my website and will add to blog soon. Thanks, Justine!

12. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Glad everyone likes it!

BTW - you can create your own widgets on there as well. It was fairly easy to do the VFG Blog one, I'm not sure how other sites will work. There might be a way to perhaps have the newest listings on your websites run through one?

13. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

14. vintageclothesline

I was also thinking of having the latest posts of the public side but I don't think it will recognize a feed. Do you have a specific one for auctions?

15. vintageclothesline

I am bumping this up because some people were wondering where to get the VFG Blog widget.:bouncing:

I have it as a footer on my website but you can also use it in your blog or on your Me page.

16. aleish

aleish Guest

WOW i like the color.. thanks

Tuxedo Shoes

17. kutti2020

kutti2020 Registered Guest

*BANNED*