1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on assembling a needlepoint purse. Please and thank you.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by lindapoirier, Apr 30, 2013.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
  2. Hi Linda,

Cute purse! The long strip goes between the two other pieces, creating the sides and bottom. When you cut it out, leave a seam allowance but sew along the edge of the woven/embroidered (?) part.

I would use these pieces as a pattern to cut out a lining, then stitch these together, stitch the lining together and then stitch the base to the lining. You could either hand sew them together at the opening or machine sew them at the opening after leaving a gap in the side or back, and turn inside out (hope that makes sense). How you do the top and sides will depend on the frame you use - if you have an image, I can tell you more.

3. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Linda that purse is adorable- I love it!
    How Nicole explained it is exactly what I would have said, and its going to come down to your handles, so pop another photo up for us maybe!

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Isn't that the sort of purse that's designed to work with a frame, rather than handles?

I'm no sewer, but it doesn't look to me like there's enough cloth to create an opening without a frame.

It's really cute with the sea life thing going on. I love it.

5. sewingmachinegirl

Ruth, I amk sure you are right- but you could sew an extension on both front and back to get around that problem I think?

6. Retro Ruth

I'll bow to your much greater knowledge on such subjects, Sewing Machine Girl!

7. Looking at it again, I don't think the long strip is long enough to go around the sides and bottom, so I wonder if it's to make a strap? So no frame or handle needed!

I would line in either gold or pink satin.

8. sewingmachinegirl

:) Thanks Ruth :)

9. sewingmachinegirl

yes Nicole, it must be a matching strap, but handles would be super cute instead I think, and perhaps a bit more user friendly :sunshine:
    I am in love with this bag I think!

10. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

11. Retro Ruth

12. sewingmachinegirl

13. CalvinJ

CalvinJ Registered Guest

:USING: Do not assemble this. It's already looking graceful.