1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing the Grand Opening!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Sydneys Vintage Clothing, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Tomorrow on Wed, Aug 27 should be the BIG day in the life of Sydney's Vintage Clothing, with fingers crossed, the doors open to the public tomorrow! I am excited and nervous all at the same time!!! So for now, see you at 420 S. Gay Street, Auburn, AL! Doors open at 11:00 AM!
    [​IMG]

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Yay! Congrats!

LOL you're beating me by ONE DAY! We're supposed to open on THURSDAY.

We thought we were being clever, since the HUGE International Street Fair starts the next day. However, we're getting conflicting opinions on this. Some people thought it was BRILLIANT that we're opening in time for the street fair. Others, however, are suggesting that we CLOSE for the duration of the fair because it's really just a big drunk fest.
    Ugh.
    So -- we're going to play that one by ear & see how it goes.

4. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Oh, Sydney, it looks fabulous!! Sure wish we all could be there! We would have a VFG ribbon cutting!!:excited:

5. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

looks so greta you clever thing you....love it...all the best thinking of you!!

6. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

How exciting! Good luck! It looks wonderful.

Susan

7. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

congrats!!!!! Hope it goes fantastically. I have yet to beat the sales from my first weekend open!

Ang

8. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Sydney - GOOD LUCK! I will be thinking of you - and I have started on the second box of goodies. We all want to hear how it goes for you.

Kristine - you too! Have you posted photos, etc? I knew it was happening soon, but I haven't seen anything "concrete."

10. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

Congrats Sydney and Kristine. Best of luck on opening day!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kristine, I'll try my best to come down this weekend and check it out! Send me your address via U2U.

Sandra

11. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I'll be sending happy thoughts and mental balloons to Sydney on Wednesday and Kristine on Thursday.
    :drinkingtoast:

12. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:sunshine: FABULOUS!!

13. How wonderful that you are finally done!!! Many wishes for a successful opening.

Same to you Kristine...didn't realize you were so close to the big day.

Now...do you both have VFG members placards on your doors/counters that you bought from Cafe Press??

Can't wait to hear what the public thinks of your new stores!!

14. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

:USETHUMBUP: to both of you on your openings!

15. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

:cheer: Congrats! Lets us know how it goes!

16. atticville

atticville Alumni

Sydney It Looks STELLAR!!!
    A Vey Blessed Opening and Succsess To You Fabulous Store!!!
    We Are So Proud!!!!!!

17. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

(I'll post my own thread with pics when everything is in it's place... HOPEFULLY before the big day! LOL!)

I do have my VFG placard around here somewhere... I keep meaning to put it in the window!

Are you nervous, Sydney? I know I am! :insane:

18. Best wishes for mega success!!!!!

19. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Go! Go! Go! :cheer:

20. Sydney -
    I just love the new energy in that just keeps circling this business field! Have watched/played/worked/played in this wonderful vintage business since the 70s and it's thrilling to see new blood ...still...bringing it to life again and again!

Congrats to you and the best of luck.

Ride the wave ~ and enjoy!