1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing the Grand Opening!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by Sydneys Vintage Clothing, Aug 26, 2008.

1. avamac

avamac Alumni

Hope it's being a fabulous day, with even bigger ones to come...!

2. :wow22: You can't help but have a great opening with that store front. Looks FABULOUS!!!

:drinkingtoast: Here's to great success!

3. Whew! What a day, but what fun!!! The college girls are just squeeling over the vintage dresses, and purchasing them too! they have allot of sorority socials on the calendar, and the dresses are flying out the door!!!

Thanks to all of you for cheering me on and the encouragment, knowledge, and just listening to me!!

I took pictures yesterday, of the inside too....the camera is at the shop, I will post pics of the inside, hopefully sometime today. The Auburn football tailgaters are starting to arrive for the first season game so it will be a busy weekend. I am right in the middle of all of the action! More later......

Kristine....I want to see pics girl!! Congratulations on yours too!

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Great to hear the news Sydney. I came on to see if Kristine had posted - as this is her big day. So glad your first day went well. And here's to a busy weekend. :drinking2:

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

:cheer:Congrats!:cheer:So nice to hear the dresses are flying out the door!

6. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

keep at it sounds like youre having a bumper day...pics soon please...

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Sydney it sounds like your opening day was a SMASH!!!

WHOOOOHOOO!!!! Can't wait to see more pics! This is exciting.

Kristine, good luck with your opening and looking forward to
    your Opening Day Report (and pics) too!

(I live vicariously through so many members here)

Sue

8. Second day, I am worn out, but I promised I would come back here, opening day pictures:

Next to front door in this wonderful orange & blue War Eagle town:

[​IMG]

Winter coats, check out the zebra stripe fur!!!
    [​IMG]

Ladies Jackets, and dress in the forefront of the picture:
    [​IMG]

Long wall of vintage formals:

[​IMG]
    A little Marilyn Monroe touch of class:

[​IMG]

Door to basement for employees only:
    [​IMG]

Well gang, there you go and I hope it is not too many pictures!, enjoy and if your ever in the area stop by, I am only an hour and half from Atlanta!

9. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Sydney, your store looks fabulous! Congratulations on your success!

10. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Sydney,
    The shop looks fabulous! Congrats on the opening, and here's to your BIG success!

Lizzie

11. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Congratulations--your storefront looks fabulous! Sounds like you had a rockin' day for sales, too. Hope the customers keep comin' in & buying!!!!

12. avamac

avamac Alumni

BIG congratulations...the shop is SO well organized and really appealing....wish I were closer!

13. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Way to Go, Gurrrrls!!!!!

Sydney - your shoppe looks Great!

And Kristine - I can not wait to get an update & see some pics!

What fabulous news from both of you!

14. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

wow!! i wanna come shop!! looks like a ton of fun, love how you have it organized and your displays are deliciious!! no wonder they were squealing, i would be too!!!!

congrats again!!! :wow22:

15. How's it going so far, Sydney?! Would love to hear how the week has gone for you!

16. We took Labor Day off, after the move of all of the inventory and the personal belongings we needed a day off. (4 trucks of stuff). So we opened back up today and there was traffic all day long!!! One of the fraternity's had a 70's party tonight and needless to say just about all of them were decked out from Sydney's Vintage! They were a hoot coming into the store and getting ready for it. More parties later in the week....looking forward to it!