1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antique dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by acceber, Feb 24, 2017.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thought I'd share this lovely dress I found a couple of years ago. I've since seen one similar to it in an antique store. I think it might be a wedding dress? Would love some opinions on it's age, etc. It's entirely hand sewn, with hook and eye closing, and stays inside it. When I first got it, the fringe on the sleeves was off but I tacked it back on. It has a beautiful little train all edged in fringe, and it is SO tiny.

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Its in nice condition, you are right, it surely is a wedding dress, c. 1912-13

3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

That is quite pretty, and as usual, I agree on Jonathan's dating. I like the fringe detail - just enough to weight the layers for movement, but not as heavy as beading.

4. Beautiful dress! I agree with Jonathan and Hollis.

5. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you very much! I sure was excited to find it! :) It was balled up and thrown over a clothing rack in a second hand store, like it was some old rag. I got it for a mere 10 dollars.

I'm going to go post another one. I found it with this dress and it's so tiny, I assume it was owned by the same little lady.

TaraIndia likes this.
  6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow...what a beauty and for that price, you did super well!

TaraIndia and acceber like this.
  7. You are killing me with these gorgeous finds at ridiculous prices, but good for you! Beautiful dresses : ).

TaraIndia and acceber like this.