1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any info about these vintage evil eye beads?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TeamSparkleVintage, Apr 7, 2017.

1. TeamSparkleVintage

TeamSparkleVintage Registered Guest

Hi everyone-today I have some beads I could really use some additional information on, we acquired hundreds+ of these beads several years ago when my sister went on a jewelry making venture. The vendor we got them from told us they were vintage but I'm honestly not sure and was now considering selling. If anyone has any additional info on these, that would be greatly appreciated!

There are several different varieties, some are round and others are flat, and they each have some variance to them, they aren't all "perfect." Any info on the material would be especially helpful too because I'm not really familiar with these and can't tell if they're clay, glass, ceramic...it seems like there are so many reproductions of these types of beads.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Very cool! I would say that they're glass millefiori -- likely Venetian and possibly Murano.

3. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

I would also say they are Millefiori not Murano. Proabally midcentury Venetian.