1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what brand these sweaters are?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by surfergirl, Oct 17, 2013.

1. surfergirl

surfergirl Registered Guest

I hope this is the right place to post. I really love the sweaters in this show (The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries), and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what brands they might be? The show ran from 1977 to 1979, I think, so they're probably from the late 70's. Any thoughts on these or something similar would be much appreciated!

edit: It's not showing the picture - I'm probably doing it wrong - so here's the links.

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/M...[user]=119148313&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

(This one, I like the blue sweater Frank is wearing on the left.)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...steries?from=Main.HardyBoysNancyDrewMysteries

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

I remember those 70's ski sweaters. There were a variety of brands, but hopefully someone can provide more info, or if you google "70's ski sweater", you'll likely hit some similar ones.

3. surfergirl

surfergirl Registered Guest

I did a bit more research on them after you called them ski sweaters. The first one I'm pretty sure is by a brand called Kennington. I found one on RustyZipper.com that's almost exactly the same, except the top stripe is a little smaller, I think.

I haven't been able to find anything close enough to the second one. I really like the second one. I can only hope that once I do find one like it, that it'll fit me - I'm a girl and it would be a guy's sweater. Are there any websites you guys know of - other than Etsy, Ebay and RustyZipper - that have vintage clothes? Or some way to possibly track down the brand of an item?

4. Rebena

Rebena Registered Guest