1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aphrodite aka Goddess of Love~ VFG Fashion Parade for the week of February 8th

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by carla rey, Feb 7, 2016.

1. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

In recognition of St. Valentine's Day, an annual celebration of love and affection, our members honor Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of love & beauty with offerings of divinely elegant fashions. Draped dresses and airy chiffon gowns are a natural in this parade. Also included are items representing Aphrodite's important symbols: Doves and Roses. Aphrodite often rides in a chariot pulled by doves, and she is also often associated with Myrtle, the Sparrow, Mirrors, Swans and the Dolphin! Appropriate items include these and more: Greek or "love goddess" style flowing gowns, sandals, gold adornments, hair ornaments, Grecian-style jewelry and accessories, rose figural items and printed fabrics, along with any dove, dolphin, sparrow themed accessories or fabrics, and mirrored vanity objects.

.jpg

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

3. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

il_570xN.900951586_iawb.jpg
    I'm not sure who this lovely lady represents, but maybe her maker had Aphrodite on his mind? Mother of pearl cameo, set in silver. Can be worn as brooch or pendant.

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

7. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

8. AbigailPrada

AbigailPrada Alumni

9. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Not for sale, but I had to share this photo of me wearing vintage Frank Usher to sing recently at a very nice venue. What you can't see here is the scoop back and drape that goes from shoulder to shoulder. It's also the only dress I own that is long enough to pool on the floor :D It was mentioned I looked very grecian, so I had to pose with this statue before we left, who may well be aphrodite?
    DSCF1016.JPG

jazzbug, Midge, cmpollack and 3 others like this.
  10. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

11. Melanie, you look absolutely lovely! What a gorgeous gown and love the color!

Pinkcoke likes this.
  12. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Beautiful photo, Melanie--you're the statue's twin, in color!

Pinkcoke likes this.
  13. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

14. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

15. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

16. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member