1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! - 2015

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by poppysvintageclothing, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Turner

Liz Turner Registered Guest

Thanks Mary.

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you're welcome, Liz, we're glad to have you here. :)

3. Adrienne Szat

Adrienne Szat Registered Guest

Hello, Everyone! I have been most interested in Vintage Fashions especially for the past 20 years - my daughter and I visited here, and I have gone on to sell vintage fabrics, patterns, etc., as well as some vintage clothing and other collectables. I started on Ebay, went to Etsy and also now on Ebid. No more Ebay; fees too high for me, as an individual seller. I like Etsy for vintage & handmades and Ebid is for anything vintage or non-vintage. I sew my own clothing; taking ideas from Vintage Fashions. My daughter has made many Edwardian Dresses for herself - so, we love to sew and to deal with Vintage. Thank you for allowing me to register. :)

4. The Vintage Merchant

5. SarahDenham

SarahDenham Registered Guest

Hello, I have a passion for vintage lingerie and bed linens. I have an extensive collection, which I am constantly adding to, of vintage peignoirs, peignoir sets, bed jackets, stockings, shapewear, and nightgowns. I am constantly searching for information to date my pieces as I am obsessed with history and accuracy. I recently bought a new sewing machine and am working on sewing my very own, specially made to fit me perfectly, collection of vintage inspired lingerie.

6. WhitfieldFaraday

WhitfieldFaraday Registered Guest

Hi guys!

I'm an NYC-based textile conservator/historian/glorified seamstress finishing my Master's (can't wait to be done, then it's onto the next degree...yay) and my focus has always been on the antique and historical. Between school, the repairs/mending/etc. I do in my "free time", and my constant hunt for antique textile nonsense, I figured this might be a fun place for me to jump into.

Personally, I collect and repair/preserve my own curated hoard of pre-1940s gowns (usually full length, always ridiculous), hats (again, absurdity is a plus), furs/outerwear...really anything a bit funny as long as it's not shoes or handbags. I've never really cared for shoes and handbags.

I'd love to pick up some fun fact tidbits from you guys as well as add my own two cents!

7. 1VintageLovingDiva

1VintageLovingDiva Registered Guest

Hello, I'm new here and I'm just a quirky girl that likes eclectic things. I'm hoping to learn from the ones who have been around for a while. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

8. Dee Dee Hall

Dee Dee Hall Registered Guest

New here. I am in love with the 70's. Grew up during that time. I just bought a 70s hippie coat and looking for a hippie purse to go with it now.

9. Mabellene

Mabellene Registered Guest

Hi! I just registered today. I was searching a designer label on a dress and found you. This place is exactly what I need to help me reference vintage clothing which I inherited and am trying to sell. Its exciting to know there are so many people with the same interests here! Can't wait to get familiarized with how this works. Thank you.

10. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome!

Attirelyvintage likes this.
  11. Euphorie

Euphorie Registered Guest

Hello! Euphorie here.

I popped here to introduce myself before asking for someone to date an item. I'm not sure what to say because while I love the 40s, 50s and 60s aesthetics, I don't really collect anything. Aside from having a few pieces of vintage jewellery, I also use vintage powder compacts. I guess I've just started my journey so nothing's been established and I'm taking my time, selecting only the things that make me happy to have and that will have some purpose.

12. Jeffrey Maxwell

Jeffrey Maxwell Registered Guest

Hello everyone! My name is Jeffrey Maxwell and I am a collector. No, I am not looking for Collectors Anonymous and have no intentions of quitting. I have written many dozens of articles about collecting over the past 20 years. Although I am not specifically a collector of vintage fashion, I have spent a lot of my life in antiques and collectibles stores, thrift stores, flea markets, auctions and anywhere vintage anything can be found. Some of the areas I collect -- advertising, characters, marionettes, and performing arts -- touch upon fashion, and I love to be around people who are into vintage fashion. I look forward to learning what I can here, as well as contributing in some way.

13. The Vintage Merchant

14. Rose Clarke

Rose Clarke Registered Guest

Hi all! I'm Rose, I just registed, I have a passion for historical fashion, and will be taking a course in the fall that ties heavily in with it! I'm an avid sewer and collector, I have a few vintage garments and I've just started using vintage patterns to recreate dresses of the past! My favourite eras are; 1800's-1960's A rather vast time period, but that's my timeframe :P

Retro Ruth likes this.
  15. Jasmin Key

Jasmin Key Registered Guest

Hello! Just registered not a moment ago. I am an enthusiastic collector with a small Esty shop which I started with costume pieces I make but has slowly been expanding to include vintage costume. My main addiction is Assuit and Egyptian Revival but I also love Art Deco in general and Edwardian-Victorian era clothing and jewellery. I've read many threads on here so I thought it was about time to join in. ☺

16. The Vintage Merchant

17. DariaP

DariaP Registered Guest

I am a noobie to vintage clothing.
    Some reason I got hooked after my daughter purchased a maxi dress from the 70's. An era I sort of grew up in.
    I am more of an 80's girl but the 70's sure did rock!
    I look forward to interacting with you all!

18. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

19. haapi

haapi Registered Guest

Hi there!
    I'm writing from Paris, France, where I deal vintage clothing privately, but also buy/sell on eBay and etsy.

postingrulesemoti

sells 1950s onwards, though because of sheer market dynamics I sell mainly 1990s/early aughts pieces. I find myself coming back to this invaluable resource time and time again, so I thought it was time to introduce myself :)
    Cheers

Attirelyvintage likes this.
  20. Catherine071147

Catherine071147 Registered Guest

Hey everyone!
    My name is Catherine, I'm 24. I started collecting vintage clothing about 8 or so months ago.

My favorite era is the 40's, but I love anything from the 30's-60's. My style icons are Ginger Rogers, Marilyn Monroe, and Grace Kelly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.