Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

1. HoneyPot

HoneyPot Registered Guest

Hi Everyone!

My name is Honey Pot and I am very excited to be a part of this forum. I am hoping to make a lot of new friends here and to enjoy the conversations about all things vintage!

2. Leonardo da Vintage

Leonardo da Vintage Administrator Staff Member

3. Lizzie Giles

Lizzie Giles Registered Guest

Hello all!

I am new. Looking forward to diving in and starting sharing and chatting! :sunshine:

4. Leonardo da Vintage

5. vintage_valerie

vintage_valerie Registered Guest

Hi everyone! Vintage enthusiast, hunter, thrifter here;) I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I enjoy searching for vintage treasures at thrift stores, yard sales, online, etc. I collect vintage clothing, linen, ephemera, etc. but my fav is the vintage clothing. I mourn some of the things iv'e let go of in the past but i'm moving on, counting on my eye and a blessing from above to find new treasures! Hoping to make new friends here who enjoy vintage stuff as well and also getting some advice now and then. I'm thinking of opening an Ebay store so I'm sure I can also learn a lot from you all.

Today, am thinking about the shabby chic look for my livingroom and took out my old victorican lampshade I found years ago and bingo, it fits my lamp perfectly! I'm amazed this thing is still on the frame considering its silk, the tassels still swing and all...and the light is so beautiful and diffused when turned on. It's these little things I live for!

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

7. Ussrvintage

Ussrvintage Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I am vintage lover from Lithuania. Happy to join tis forum. I am selling vintage from Soviet era.

8. Leonardo da Vintage

Welcome! Soviet era vintage sounds very interesting!

9. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl Administrator

Hi Valerie, and Ussrvintage,
    Great to see you here, and hope we can see some photos soon :)

10. Meredith Ashe

Meredith Ashe Registered Guest

Hi there!

My name is Meredith. I am a long time lover of all things vintage but am new to the business. I am struggling to date some of my fabulous finds but am learning. Looking forward to learning even more. . .

Meredith

11. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

It's great to see so much diversity stitched together by a common interest in vintage clothing and accessories. Amazing!

My 4 last online purchases are from; Belarus, The Czech Republic, Greece and Japan. I couldn't be happier to have these wonderful avenues to explore "vintage".

12. zilchist

zilchist Registered Guest

Hello everyone, I have already been VFG a couple of days and just found I could say HI and make a short intro here, so "Hi":clapping:. I am so lucky and exciting to find the website and forum which is so warm and friendly here. Most importance is i can learn so much from here and understand deeper and more extensive about vintage. I am always antique-mania (actually I remember there is a word to describe more complex but accurate, But i don't remember:USING:).

Actually my work is to make a research about art history, especially Chinese old paintings. But i have intense interests in Western Art history as well. In other words, only if relating to the culture and history, no matter in China, Europe, or US, even Africa, all are what i am interested in. Back to vintage, i don't remember when i understood and touched the Vintage, maybe there has been hot wind blowing to Chinese market in vintage in recent years. In the beginning, i just went to some famous vintage shops in my city - Beijing, then i found the price of clothing or other vintages are pretty high actually the seller just purchased the products from Euro, US or Japan. So i just wonder why i can't bought my favorites from online directly, thus i searched, searched, searched, finally found you VFG:drinkingtoast:.

Because i am just a beginner of vintage fans, so my focus are mainly 20s flapper and 50s new look which are perpetually classic styles in 20th century in relation with Women Liberation, which is the topic i am so much interested in. Absolutely, there is just a beginning of my collecting. With my deeper understanding to styles of other eras, maybe I will change my taste. Btw, i am not trader, just purely vintage lover. Thank you for all listening to my garrulous talking:hysterical:. Love you all:wow22:

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  13. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl Administrator

Welcome Meredith and zilchist! :sunshine:

14. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts Trade Member

Welcome Valarie, Meredith and Zilchist!:hiya:

15. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Trade Member

16. lindapoirier

I wonder what you point is here? Are you trying to tell me that I can't welcome people because I'm a guest?

I would have welcomed a welcome on page 24.

17. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

LindaPoirer, I'm quite sure Alice wasn't intimating anything other that what she said in her message. I suspect she merely didn't realise you were the same guest who has been posting on the forums for some time now, and thought you were a brand new member when she saw your latest post here.

18. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Trade Member

Oops! sorry Lindapoirier, Melanie is correct. I didn't see your earlier posts.

19. lindapoirier

I am sorry too, I didn't want to be doing something that I wasn't allowed. I enjoy seeing people from all over the world. I think it puts us all on an equal playing field and it seems so basic: the clothes on our back! AMAZING!

Edit. I am so curious to find out if people from foreign countries have vintage clothing stores? Thrift stores? Resale shops? I know that I'v been to England and Oxfam stores and to Ireland where I got a great vintage Aran jumper. I am sorry if it is rude to ask. Not to mention the countless vintage shops of London, England. Shops with rows and rows of vintage. Mad!

It's crazy but when I travel I always ask or try to find the thrift stores in the hope that I'll find a great vintage piece.

20. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

Linda, I think it's in our blood....I have a feeling we all do that when time allows us to when we are away...always such a thrill finding something special all the more so when we are in unknown territory!