1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Greetings and welcome. This IS a nice place and lots of members with all kinds of knowledge, so ask questions if you wish. :drinkingtoast:

2. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Im Newbie!!

Hello all. So I am very new to the vintage clothing thing. As a young teen, about 14 and 15 I had a pair of green cabbage patch slightly belled bottom jeans I got from a thrift store. I wore them all the time...along with a few others I had I could just tell they were old.. I dug them up out of a sealed box the lady loved me that way lol. Any way. I recently had the money to buy a few items off e-bay because now I want to start collecting, and wearing 40's to 50's stuff. I also want to start selling vintage form the 70's and below. I have sold like 3 items on ebay. what I do is buy what I think fits me and what is too tight I sell. Better to somone who can use them or love them right? Any way. I realized ( I havent had much sucess yet) that money can be made here, I am a stay at home mother and Navy wife. And well I really feel God putting this on my heart to stick with something :)... So now I am just trying to educate myself and get all the tips I can. So from a newbie... I am open to all the help I can get and I can take constructive criticism too. May not be happy about it but i can take it lol. Looking forward to oneday being a fine retailer of vintage clothing! thank you to all who read and God bless... If you dont believe in God please know I am honeslty not trying to offend you so please don't take it that way, He has blessed me in so many ways and I want to share his blessings ;-)!!!

Mrs. Luthye

3. peggyjane

peggyjane Registered Guest

hi all i am new here. Happy to be here and hope to make some good friends. take care all
    PJ:USETHUMBUP:

4. ivycompany

ivycompany Alumni

Hello Peggy Jane, and welcome!

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

6. atticville

atticville Alumni

Howdy Peggy Jane! I'm pretty new also, You're going to love this site!! Welcome!

7. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

8. peggyjane

peggyjane Registered Guest

thank you all or your welcome messages

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

10. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

11. joules

joules VFG Member

12. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

13. Littlemisssplendid

Littlemisssplendid Registered Guest

Hello everyone.
    I've edited this post now that I have seen the Q and A section. Sorry. Just introducing myself. I've only recently become interested in vintage fashion after vowing that I wouldn't buy brand new items of high street clothing at the start of this year. I bought my first vintage item of clothing for a wedding this year and can't wait to wear it. I have since bought several accessories from various sources.

14. Hi and welcome!

It might be helpful to post some pictures so we can get a better understanding of what you're facing.

I said "we" but I doubt I'll be any help as I'm not familiar enough with that era - but many people here are and should be along shortly~

15. rosaburke1

rosaburke1 Registered Guest

Hello Eveyone :hiya:

I'm Melissa, aka: Rosaburke1. I should of done this a while back as I've been a member for nearly a year BUT I've only just discovered this forum!

I grew up in op shops as my Mum was a keen 'thrifter'. I bought my 1st vintage dress at 16. A long 60's maxi dress with Chevron stripes. I still have it some 14 years later, but unfortunately had it displayed on my dressmakers dummy for many years and now it has some damage.

After a health issue, I'm now feeling brighter and hoping to get back into the swing of things.

Currently, I am a collector, not seller, although my collection is rapidly taking over the house, so I may have to depart with a few shortly!!!

I love this site. I discovered it after 'googling' vintage labels.

I hope to make many vintage loving friends! :excited:

16. Hello!!! So glad you discovered our forum & decided to drop by!!

Looking forward to having you around more!

Bonnie

17. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Glad to have you!

Hollis

18. avamac

avamac Alumni

So glad you discovered us....most of us started out as collectors and many branched into dealing as the heaps profliferated or as, in my case, the rent needed to be paid.

It's a lively forum, but both knowledgeable and supportive; I check in at least once a day and after 40+ years of dealing in my shops, on ebay, at shows, fairs and markets, still learn something new almost every day.

19. Welcome Melissa!

Whereabouts in Aus are you? It's nice to see another aussie: I'm in Melbourne and sewingmachinegirl is in Brisbane (or thereabouts).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.