1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, do share some of your vintage questions with us!

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Grab a cup of coffee and pull up a chair! Happy you found this place - some of the sweetest, funniest and most intelligent people I know hang out here~

4. shanenedabomb

shanenedabomb Registered Guest

Hello. I am trying to figure out out this whole site works. So I hope I dont accidentaly screw anything up. Im not super computer savy.

My reason for joining this awsome site is because I have some vintage items that I know nothing about and im hoping that if i post some photos, someone may be able to educate me on what I have. But first I have to figure out how to do it. Seems there are alot of wonderfull knowledgable folks here and I can use all the help I can get. So if you have any suggestions and/or advice I would really appreciate it.

Much thanks!
    Shanene

5. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

Welcome Shanene! I can't wait to see photos of the items, even if I'm no help at all.

That's got to be the politest subject title I've ever seen on a forum! ;)

Liz

6. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

Hello, I\'m new with a question please?

Hello, I am a new non-member friend and I just have to say this is a great resource for vintage! I would love some help dating a Cerruti 1881 suit. I thought it was late 1980's but I need to be absolutely sure. I read the label page here and the tag from the 1990's is not the same as the one on my suit. My tag says CERRUTI 1881 but there is no name under this on the label. The suit has a longer jacket and shorter above the knee skirt. The shoulders have a pad but not too large.

Does anyone have any more information on when the 1881 line first started?
    I'm not sure about adding photos because of the rules. I appreciate your help!

Thanks so much!
    Julia

7. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi Julia and welcome!

Yes please post a photo of the suit and a label shot if you can.

8. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Julia. Yes, you can post a photo!

9. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

10. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

Great, thanks everyone. I will check those labels and links first. I am not sure about how to post a photo and also, since I plan to sell it I don't think I am allowed right?

Thanks again, Julia

11. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Julia if you have a photo host you can just ad the url of the photo by clicking on the insert an image icon above when you are typing your post. Its the one with mountains with the yellow background.

Its ok to post a photo as long as you are not advertising. Since you do not have it for sale now and do not mention a selling site, it will be fine. Thank you for your consideration of the rules. Photos for education/information are encouraged.

12. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

Hi, I looked at all the labels on the trademark page and one which is dead, has the correct description but no label shown and 1974 seems too early, the other one that may fit has a larger label and the letters are more spaced out so if the label is exactly as pictured it doesn't match either. That date is 2004 and somehow that seems too late, lol. Hummmm. Best to go with the newer date I guess.

13. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

Well, it's going to take me a little while to see if I an still host on aol. If I can, I'll try to add some pictures, thank you!

14. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

You can go to photobucket.com and sign up. It is free photo hosting.

15. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

OK, thank you, I'll do this because I just can't deal with my old aol ftp space now that I have a mac. Give me a day and I'll post some photos.

16. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

OK, Hi Linda and all the other kind and helpful people! I think I did it;

http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq75/jjbronson/

That is the link I think to the photo bucket. I am already thinking this suit is 1990's or later after all this trouble. Oh well! The experts can weigh in, thanks very much.

julia

17. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Julia!

Great to 'see' you here :)

I would say your suit is late 80s. Curious to see what the
    others have to say.

Sue

18. StelmaDesigns

StelmaDesigns Alumni +

Hi Sue, Thank you!

And thank you for telling me about these forums. I'll see if anyone else has an idea.

Julia

19. vintagepowderroom

vintagepowderroom Registered Guest

Hello!

I'm delighted to be here. I may not sell vintage clothes, but a gander at my closet would reveal that I am defintely a buyer! My favorite decades to wear are 1940-1960 [I adore suits!]

I'm a social historian with an interest in crime, particularly bad girls. I collect vintage cosmetics ephemera [e.g. cardboard face powder boxes, hairnet packages, etc.]. I've recently begun to blog using items from my collection to suggest topics -- everything from the lives of women [famous and infamous], to film noir, to whatever captures my imagination. Blogging was the best way that I could think of to share pieces from my collection.

I also write for On Bunker Hill. It's a blog that is exploring the lost neighborhood of Bunker Hill in downtown Los Angeles.

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowlege of vintage fashion and to participating in such a great community.

Best,

Joan

20. STAYVOCAL

STAYVOCAL Registered Guest

Owner of a ReUse Company

Hello everyone,
    My name is Alex Eaves and I run STAY VOCAL, a reuse company. Our mission is to encourage people to reuse whenever and wherever possible. One of our main focuses is on apparel. It comes from thrift stores and donations, then washed and treated, and new prints/designs are applied. By reusing, we are helping to preserve and protect our planet's precious resources. This is a top priority for every one of us.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member.
    Thanks!
    -ALex

ReUse! Because you can't recycle the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.