1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisoVintage

MisoVintage Registered Guest

Hello everyone!

My name is Daniele. I have been selling vintage fashion on ebay (boutique454.com) for over 6 years. I have been a member of VFG for about a year and thought I would stop by to say hello! There are a lot of great tips here, I wish I would have dropped by sooner! I am getting my degree is fine art, then I want to study sculpture, then I would love to get my masters degree in fashion design. I think that selling and restoring vintage clothes has taught me a lot about the technical and aesthetic design of fashion.

PS

Thanks Linda for finally getting me on the boards, they are great!

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Daniele!!:clapping::party:

Great to have you here!! Just post away, talk, have fun, ask questions.

We are a friendly group.:)

Hey, I didn't know you were from Chicago. I am from Southern Illinois myself!

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

:hiya: Daniele from over the pond!

Good to see you on the boards :)

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Daniele!

Lizzie

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Welcome Danielle!

Sue

6. Hattysattic

Hello Stacy!

I just did your survey (I love anything like that) and have left my contact details if you want to quiz me any more. Sounds like a very interesting dissertation indeed, am sure you'll get lots of answers here :)

I love Bernat Klein! Though probably you won't be wearing it in this heat... I'm sure your collection will grow very rapidly if it's anything like mine, which sort of took over!

Welcome, anyway :D

7. edgyspice

edgyspice Registered Guest

Hi folks! Senti directed me here. I'm interested in 60s mod fashions, the 20s, and anything from Hollywood's golden age. Nice to meet you all!

8. Hattysattic

9. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

Oooh, welcome Jen, glad you've decided to join in so soon!

Jen is the one that sent me the *fabulous* Fashion SWAT link by the way. :)

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

10. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Jen, Stacy and Nicole. Welcome!

Lizzie

11. Hello and Good Morning,
    I just registered having found a link to this site in an old email message. I keep everything. Anyway I am looking to expand my vintage clothing business to the web and think this site would be a wonderful outlet. I have a website featuring reproduction items. I was looking for your Reproduction Categories to view what other members had for sale and could not locate it.
    Anyway I was just checking into hear comments about your experience being on this site and how well you do.
    Does anyone have the traffic count?
    Take care and hope to hear from many of you soon.
    I am so impressed with the information on this site as well. Good job to one and all who has contributed.
    Dianne
    Blanches Place

12. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

We don't really have a "reproduction category" as this isn't a selling site, though you are welcome to start a discussion on the topic if you would like to talk about it.

While a member may occasionally have a reproduction for sale, our members by and large deal exclusively in genuine vintage as that is our focus and purpose here.

You can visit individual member selling sites off of this page:
    http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/vfglogolinkpage/vfglogolinkpage.html

There is also a "sneak preview" forum on this chat board where you can items that members preview.

Chris

13. vintageclothesline

Hi Diane and welcome. Glad to have you here. :hiya: I don't believe any of us deal in reproductions but we can sure help you out on your vintage clothing!

14. Hi again,
    I know I read some where the mention of reproduction categories but of course when I went back to find it I couldn't. My main intention was to start selling my vintage and being a part of this group
    Do you do well off of this site-the Guild appears to be exactly where I need to be.
    Dianne
    BlanchesPlace

15. Patentleathershoes

We were talking some time ago about making sure reproductions were in reproduction categories on ebay, and not mixed in with regular vintage as it misleads the buyer.. Maybe that was the mention? Not sure.

At any rate, welcome to the site!

To answer your question, many of our members have very successful businesses

16. Hattysattic

Hello Dianne, and welcome!

Do you have an offline store currently then? Sounds interesting! :)

17. Hi,
    I did have have a space in an antique mall but its hard when you aren't there all the time and people just love to mess up the clothes, so I am movin to the web. I do have a site selling historical reproductions but have been collecting vintage for decades and looking forward to being on this group to sell as well as of course to buyl.
    I am really looking for vintorian edwardian clothing. Most of the vintage I am going to start parting with is 50-80's
    Dianne

18. vintageclothesline

Well, I love 50s and 60s so will look forward to seeing what you have.:)

19. viviene

viviene Guest

I\'m a new to the site and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Marge and I own Born Too Late Vintage over on Main Street Vintage. I've been interested in vintage clothing for quite a while but made my first vintage purchase 2 years ago. I've been patiently learning more and more as time goes on. I had a store briefly on Ebay but decided that it was not a good fit and found another home. Currently I have applied to be a member here and am in the process of doing what I need to fulfill those requirements.

I've been using the label resources here since the beginning of my vintage adventure. I hope to visit often and hope I can sometimes offer some help. :)

20. Patentleathershoes

Hi Viviene/Marge

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.