Barkcloth/bark cloth and mid-century interiors. Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

Hi, as you know, I'm moving. New house and all those windows. I splurged last night on a couple of pieces because the images where too great to pass. The first one is of a farm with a farm girl sitting on the fence (ha!) and is very narrow. Too narrow for any window in my new house but I will make two cushions for my mid-century sectional!!!

bark3.jpg

bark2.jpg

The second one is just too amazing to not get and it will fit at least two of my windows. I'll let the image speak for itself.

bark.jpg

bark1.jpg

I have a stash of my own barkcloth that I am going to use for the other windows. Images to follow. Probably as I put them up. My goal is to barkcloth every window!!!

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

Congratulations on your move, Linda. You always seem to find the best space age articles, and both prints are adorable! Are you moving to another farm?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  3. lindapoirier

Okay, here is another piece that I have that will welcome the sun every day.

bark4.jpg

bark5.jpg

4. lindapoirier

Thanks Laura. No, I am moving to a small 1200 sq. ft. bungalow. Lots of work but I am ready for it. I can't wait!

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

Sounds exciting Linda - - I bet it's going to be fun decorating. That amoebic type print is equally fabulous. I do have barkcloth, but not with me -- I'll write myself a note to go get them.

6. lindapoirier

Yes, I am going to have a blast. The first week of ownership I plan to paint the entire house, inside. Two rooms are purple! Now, I don't have anything against purple... wait, I guess that I do. WHO PAINTS AN ENTIRE ROOM PURPLE?! Anyway, I am a white fan because I have so much vintage paraphernalia so full of colours that the background has to be neutral.

I want to see everyone's barkcloth! I love seeing all the images.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

8. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway Trade Member

I have two large curtain panels and I keep trying to find a place in my house for them. I just love the colors!

bark cloth.jpg

9. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

I just got a pair of these this past Saturday at a local antique show. The dealer told me she had 4 panels, but sold a pair of them to someone earlier, so I only got two, which I can't use. If there were 4 I would have kept them! Regardless, they are amazing and I will be reselling them - in fact I am about to list them today.
    IMGP7454_2a.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  10. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Jonathan those curtains are great! Bit of a bayeaux tapestry feel to them. What era is the print depicting?

11. Jonathan

Jonathan Trade Member

It is called 'Indian Chase' - Plains Natives on horseback - here is a close-up
    IMGP7461a.jpg

12. lindapoirier

Jesus tits! Those are amazing. I wish I had that much money, extra, right now.

Leonardo da Vintage likes this.
  13. The Vintage Vendeuse

The Vintage Vendeuse Trade Member

Linda, I love that space ship print!
    Not so long ago, I happened across a 15 yard bolt of this and sold it by the yard for a nice profit:

Attached Files:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  14. lindapoirier

Great print. They are ALL great prints. I repurpose all pieces and I've even upholstered one of those tiny wire chairs (dressing table chair?) with some great burgundy foliage material. I like the idea of having different prints in different rooms. You never know with curtains/drapes how they are going to look. I had found the greatest orange set of crushed velvet drapes at a thrift store for $3 and they looked amazing in my room. My bedroom is all old iron/wire and the orange worked. I was surprised.

Edit. I thought you might want to see the curtains in action.

orangecrush.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  15. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Love the room Linda.

Mine has a name Northcliffe on it. One long window panel. I was going to use it for a vanity seat but cannot bring myself to cut it up.
    I will list it soon. That fabric is sturdy stuff.
    1940s? 50s?

Attached Files:

16. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like you will have fun decorating~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Wowee...

18. Circa Vintage

Circa Vintage Trade Member

Wow! Loving the eye candy - thank you :clapping:

19. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

20. lindapoirier

OH! That would be perfect for a mid-century kitchen. I love it!

I just got these on Ebay. There are 5 small holes that I will have to repair. Two 45 x 72 panels for $67.69. I will let you know how they are when I get them. BTW, I LOVE ALEXANDER "SANDY" CALDER so you know I can't resist anything vintage with mobiles (and I see a stabile too) in it! I can see them in my living room beside my kohler sectional!!!

bark6.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014