1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barkcloth/bark cloth and mid-century interiors. Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Congratulations on your move, Linda. You always seem to find the best space age articles, and both prints are adorable! Are you moving to another farm?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  3. Metro Retro Vintage

Sounds exciting Linda - - I bet it's going to be fun decorating. That amoebic type print is equally fabulous. I do have barkcloth, but not with me -- I'll write myself a note to go get them.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That rocket ship print is amazing...sounds like you are in for a busy time, Linda!

5. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

I have two large curtain panels and I keep trying to find a place in my house for them. I just love the colors!

bark cloth.jpg

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I just got a pair of these this past Saturday at a local antique show. The dealer told me she had 4 panels, but sold a pair of them to someone earlier, so I only got two, which I can't use. If there were 4 I would have kept them! Regardless, they are amazing and I will be reselling them - in fact I am about to list them today.
    IMGP7454_2a.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Jonathan those curtains are great! Bit of a bayeaux tapestry feel to them. What era is the print depicting?

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It is called 'Indian Chase' - Plains Natives on horseback - here is a close-up
    IMGP7461a.jpg

9. Linda, I love that space ship print!
    Not so long ago, I happened across a 15 yard bolt of this and sold it by the yard for a nice profit:

Attached Files:

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  10. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Love the room Linda.

Mine has a name Northcliffe on it. One long window panel. I was going to use it for a vanity seat but cannot bring myself to cut it up.
    I will list it soon. That fabric is sturdy stuff.
    1940s? 50s?

Attached Files:

11. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Sounds like you will have fun decorating~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. foofoogal

Wowee...

13. Wow! Loving the eye candy - thank you :clapping:

14. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Here is one with a jambalaya recipe running through it....politically incorrect but a
    charming print.

JambalayaFabric3_grande.jpg

TropicalLeafCottonDrapes1_grande.jpg

sewingmachinegirl likes this.
  15. foofoogal

I was quite surprised to see how much barkcloth has risen since I looked last. Wow. Really.
    I think you got a great deal Linda from what I see.

16. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

I just sold four curtains in this pattern a few months ago but I still have five more panels that I haven't let go of yet.

100_3621.JPG

17. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

The TV lamps is fun (there's a museum for TV lamps in Minnesota). A while back I found nine pillow shams which I sold.
    barkall.jpg barkone.jpg

18. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

If we're sharing TV lamps, I have one to post - I bought it just a few months ago.
    poodlelamp.jpg

It's one of my favorite colors. And who could resist poodles?

19. Metro Retro Vintage

20. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

OMG I love that lamp :wub: