1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brick and Mortar Vintage Stores/Shops list - UK and Ireland

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Hattysattic, Jun 30, 2005.

1. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

Salisury, wiltshire
    opened last year, damn, cant remember the name of it but its at the end of fisherton street, just before the railway bridge. wasnt that great at first, mostly 80's-90's clothes from marks and spencers! BUT does seem to have improved alot over the year.

Also, the Salisbury Antiques market has had a lady open a unit selling vintage, all eras. Thats on Catherine Street right in town.

2. TresChic

TresChic Registered Guest

I personally think that Dublin shopping is quite disappointing but fortunately im visiting London in august!!!
    Just to add to your list, though its not great;
    Cows Lane clothes market,
    Cows Lane,
    Temple bar

If youre at Meeting House square, its further down the quays. Every Saturday

Check out http://www.templebar.ie/home.php

3. Anything in York or Swinton?

4. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

5. Trevira

Trevira Registered Guest

Hi there, newbie here!

This thread is so useful. At the moment I am compiling a Google Earth KML file of UK vintage shops, with as much contact info as I can dig up, and once its done I can make it available to anyone who can use it.

Of course it will be out of date as soon as its completed, but it may be helpful!

6. Can I just concur regarding Saratoga Trunk of Glasgow?

I thought I'd died and gone to vintage heaven! You do need to call ahead as they aren't always there, and it's hard to find as well - and sadly, they seem to be so far into the hire side of things, they wouldn't let me buy most of the things I wanted (and what they would sell was pricey) but worth it all the same. Oh, if only we had something like that here!

7. Hattysattic

Trevira, that sounds fantastic - let me know when you're done!:)

Nicole, maybe we should have an Australian thread for you to add to? And you have now just officially made me want to get up to Glasgow!

8. I'm visiting Glasgow next week - I've been told I must go to Starry Starry Night - anyone been there?:drool:

9. Hattysattic

One of my customers raves about that one but that's all I know!

10. Aphrodite_Nymphia

Aphrodite_Nymphia Registered Guest

Does anyone know any good vintage stores in and around Reading? My sister is over there at the moment and she is desperately trying to find good vintage.

Emma.

11. TresChic

TresChic Registered Guest

Just thought I would let you know that Wild Child in Dublin has now moved its clothing to Crow street in Temple Bar...furniture is still on georges street..