1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you believe I found these?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Djcmac1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Djcmac1

Djcmac1 Registered Guest

image.jpg Found in the trash on the side of the road.

2. Djcmac1

Djcmac1 Registered Guest

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

So sweet and pretty. Doll collectors would probably like those.

StitchesandSnags likes this.
  4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Gosh some of those look very old indeed. I would speak to a textile convervator about cleaning them, I bet their appearance could be improved with the right treatment.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That last one looks like ayrshire embroidery. I have an early christening robe with that style of embroidery ca 1840s.

6. Djcmac1

Djcmac1 Registered Guest

image.jpg image.jpg Thank you for the comments I have some other things I found with the bonnets I'm guessing age range from mid 1800's to late 1800's

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

oh wow! you must check out the V&A collections online, they have some dolls done up with original period costume like this. Is the scale of the red coat suggesting child or doll?

8. Djcmac1

Djcmac1 Registered Guest

image.jpg image.jpg The red piece is actually a newborns shirt I also have a dark blue one as well as several little shirts in a white satiny fabric.

9. Dee Dee Hall

Dee Dee Hall Registered Guest

oh my gosh. I love bonnets and collect baby ones like that. I don't have many though.

10. It seems so sad that these once treasured items were just tossed out in the trash.....but lovely that you were able to rescue them! Hope you have luck at cleaning and preserving them.

11. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Thank you for saving these treasures. People who love dolls will snap them up.
    Marian