1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you help me with shoe dyeing??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by tommyhaynes96, Apr 24, 2013.

1. tommyhaynes96

tommyhaynes96 Registered Guest

Does anyone know of anywhere that will dye shoes? Preferably in the Monaghan/Louth region. I want champagne colored shoe for my three bridesmaids. Please help!!

2. Tommy, I can't help you as I have no idea where Monaghan or Louth are located but if you try your local quality cobbler they should have some information for you.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. Ruby von Hazenfuss

Ruby von Hazenfuss Registered Guest

Hi, If the shoes are fabric (ie satin) you can dye them yourself using Dylon cold water dye. Simply mix up and apply with a sponge.

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Tommy, we want to be sure, especially in a situation where you're asking about 3 pairs of shoes rather than just one, that you understand that these are suggestions only, and the VFG cannot be held responsible if you do try a technique offered, that may not, in fact, give you the end product you are hoping for.

thanks for understanding!

5. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Tommy, could you consider getting the shoes covered instead?. That way you could buy the right colour fabric and be sure that all 3 pairs would be a perfect match. In Australia many cobblers and shoe repair shops offer this service on basic court shoes, and bridesmaids shoes, so perhaps its worth asking around in your area? You would need to ask the cobbler what sort of fabric to use and how much you need- its often done with silk or silk shantung for instance.

Oh and as Mary said above- these are suggestions only, and the VFG cannot be held responsible if you do try a technique offered, that may not, in fact, give you the end product you are hoping for