1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Believe What Happened Today!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by jauntyrooster, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Weighing in late as well, but your bracelet is darling, and a very nice piece of Coro. Even given that bracelets don't seem to be selling all that well at the moment, the price that that jeweler offered you is indeed laughable! I would list that bracelet for probably $30 to $35 (I have a hard time selling bracelets....), and I'd guess it would be closer to $45 or $50 in a jewelry store. So even if the guy's mark up is four times his cost, he was lowballing you. And to try and tell you it was from the 70s is ludicrous. Did he think that by insulting you that you would figure he was doing you a favor by making an offer?

2. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Thanks all - just an update. I set up at a local market a few weeks ago. No sooner than I had everything out than a girl walked up and spied the bracelet. She paid $35.00 for it without batting an eye. She wasn't a dealer - she wanted it to wear. I did well and I think she did well. She loved the colors and was very excited. Am glad I held onto it andI was very comfortable at $35.00.

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

its always nice to hear a happy ending! thanks for sharing, and congrats on following your inner voice (spidey senses)!