1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot find this label - any ideas of its era?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by retroseeker1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. retroseeker1

retroseeker1 Registered Guest

Hello,

I found this really great suit jacket but I cannot find any information about its label.
    It has a label inside that says "Harper Road Collection Expressly for Palais Royal".
    It is a light tan and also has a label that says "Made in Hungary".
    The sleeves have 4 buttons. It is a two button front, walking slit in the back, fully lined.
    Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Holly

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

3. retroseeker1

Hi Susan,

Yes, I will be posting some photos tonight. I just love this site! So much info and an excellent resource.

I have always loved vintage but only recently started really diving into the labels, periods and history.
    It is very addicting (in a good way).

I will be posting the photos and all additional information I have tonight.

Thank you for the instructions too!

Have a great day!
    Holly

4. retroseeker1

I'm finally home from work and just finished taking the photos of this jacket.
    I have a couple of pics of the jacket itself and one of the inside label.
    Meanwhile I am still looking around and searching to see if I can identify this piece and its era.
    Thank you all for your help!I hope soon to be able to return the favor!
    Enjoy the evening!
    Holly

Attached Files:

5. Holly, I googled Palais Royal and it appears to be a department store....listed one in Houston, TX. The fact that it says it's made in Hungary makes me think it's not really vintage....possibly 1980's- 1990's. I had never heard of this department store....none in my neck of the woods. Nice looking jacket, though. Hope you can find out more from some of our members....I'm sure someone will be familiar with this store or brand.

6. retroseeker1

Hi BonniesVintage and thank you!

I looked up Palais Royal and found some information on them also.
    • 1920s—Palais Royal and Bealls are founded as Family Owned Businesses.
    • In 1988, Three Bealls Brothers merged with Palais Royal to form Specialty Retailers Inc.(SRI), a private company based in Houston.

• This is really all I could find. I tried to find the collection itself, even looked for mfgs from hungary but no luck.
      I haven't given up yet though. Sometimes the excitement is all in the search!
      Thanks again and have a great day!
      Holly