1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caption: A Feeling of Freshness

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by mcgrawandmcqueen, Aug 13, 2007.

1. mcgrawandmcqueen

mcgrawandmcqueen Registered Guest

I had to share this fashion photo I found in a 1957 "Holiday" magazine.....Do you think the model with the inverted trash can bonnet was feeling particularly fresh? Care to create a new caption? :)-Lorinda

Attached Files:

2. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

'my husband is always telling me l'm a basket case!!'

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Not that the model looks this way, but an old tune comes to mind "I feel trashy, oh so trashy, it's alarming how trashy I feel"....does look like a wastepaper box doesn't it?

4. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

"I just washed my hair and I can't do a thing with it."

5. borntoolatevintage

borntoolatevintage Registered Guest

"Ten more minutes of this and I'll be lice free."

6. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

:hysterical:

Viviene!

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

After once again nailing her pool side "diving into the trashcan" trick, Marlena hobnobs with an envious Hazel and Beatrice.

But I think the lice treatment is the winner.

Hollis

8. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

Be the envy of all your gal pals; Basket Weaving, its not just for the insane anymore!

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

10. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Madge didn't know it, but she was *still* wearing the basketweave lampshade that she donned on her head at Darlene's party the night before... And just as soon as her nail polish dried, she was off to find another mimosa...

:booze:

11. avamac

avamac Alumni

After her youth as a model, she found a second career in rock n roll.....

[​IMG]

12. mcgrawandmcqueen

mcgrawandmcqueen Registered Guest

All great captions!!! You are all winners! They all made me laugh out loud.FYI the 2 bathing suits on the left were Cole of California and the one on the right was Rudy Gernreich. -Lorinda

13. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I have a funny sense of humor but I have laughed more about this thread than any others in a long time. Talk about laughing out loud....:hysterical: