1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chapeau flechet

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by sarah1261, Feb 23, 2017.

1. sarah1261

sarah1261 Registered Guest

Hi i am having trouble dating this not sure if you would call it a beret or hat. It does actually have what i believe to be the original tags and how much it cost. It has a few different dates on it so not sure which is actually correct.

Thanks Photo on 20-2-17 at 2.27 pm #3.jpg Photo on 20-2-17 at 2.26 pm.jpg Photo on 20-2-17 at 2.26 pm #2.jpg Photo on 20-2-17 at 2.26 pm #3.jpg Photo on 20-2-17 at 2.27 pm #2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Hi Sarah1261 and welcome to the forums. Can you please show a photo of it being worn or modelled so we can see the shape of the cap?

You're probably aware that George's was a high quality Melbourne department store, and 70L is the size: a little smaller than the modern large so that indicates vintage although the price in dollars shows that it's post implementation of decimal currency, so no early than 1966.

From the available information, especially colour and fabric, I think it's probably '70s.

As per the forum rules, we can't discuss values here, but new and unworn is more sought after than second hand of course.

3. sarah1261

Hi Thank you for the reply back and info i have upload a pic of the shape of the cap. Would you call it a cap or a beret ?
    Photo on 24-2-17 at 3.15 pm #2.jpg

4. Thank you! That makes all the difference - yes, it looks like a beret. I'll go with '70s. I couldn't read the details inside the crown so it may be that someone else can and offer more information. I'm not familiar with the brand but it seems like many, it's one that used to produce good quality and in more modern times the quality has decreased.

Can you please start a new thread for each item, it's less confusing that way.

5. sarah1261

Aww i found the label resource section.